OUT WITH REED

HAD A COUPLE OF HOURS OUT ON FRIDAY NIGHT WITH REED ON A BIT OF STEEP LAND.HARD GROUND TO CATCH ON AT TIMES BUT WE TOOK A FEW.MY BITCH WAS KNACKERED AND WAS A BIT STIFF FOR YESTERDAYS RABBITING ON THE MOOR.

rats014.jpg

TODAY WE TOOK THE FOUR MONTH OLD PUPS OUT FOR A QUICK WALK OUT.IT DOSENT HURT TO LET THEM SEE THEIR FUTURE QUARRY,ONE SPECIES ANYWAY ;)

rats018.jpg

Edited by phil wright

HAD A COUPLE OF HOURS OUT ON FRIDAY NIGHT WITH REED ON A BIT OF STEEP LAND.HARD GROUND TO CATCH ON AT TIMES BUT WE TOOK A FEW.MY BITCH WAS KNACKERED AND WAS A BIT STIFF FOR YESTERDAYS RABBITING ON THE MOOR.

rats014.jpg

NICE ONE MATE. :yes: GOOD BAG THAT.

Guest longslip

Hi phil, See you and reed had a good night friday.Well done lads.Wind blew the felt of the shed friday so imagine it been horrendous up them hills.Pups are looking well :thumbs:

nice pups interesting cross that .how do you find them in the field

are they quick to come on or are they slow to mature?

should have good feet and plenty of stamina do they

run off on a scent or are they quite controllable?

sorry for all the questions but was always intersted in this sort of

breeding :thumbs:

it was wild longslip,we caught a few more rabbits than in the pic but i lost them off the game carriers.it was hard just to keep walking.

ill try and answer a few of your questions luke.

i like the cross for the ground i run dogs on.they have good feet and stamina as a rule.i like to go ratting and pre ban did a bit with the terriers and the gwp crosses ive seen have done ok at those sports aswell.

i had trouble bringing up my bitch but i think she was a one-off,i dont forsee any problems training/stockbreaking these pups and people i know who also have the cross have had no problems like i did with my bitch.

they can get their heads down and start to hunt far away from you,like a pure gwp can.i guess then it comes down to recall................my bitch is hard to stop sometimes on a good scent and can go deaf.at times she has had to be put on a leash and nigh on dragged away from an occupied fox earth.

whilst they are tough mutts out hunting the pointer crosses can be sensitive and can be easily upset by even just being shouted at.perhaps they are slow to mature in some areas but from what ive seen they start hunting from an early age.

mind im not any kind of expert on the pointer cross,there are people who look on this forum who are far more experienced on them than i am.