ive had the trusty lighting very very good rifle i had a varmint scope that big i could only just cock it load it lol

downed a rabbit at 40 yrds with it .

only down side is the noise from a springer ,i did pest control for my farmer [bANNED TEXT] and when i fired at rabbits up to 30,35yrds all of them leged it for 100yrds and on on lol why not get a second hand rifle pcp with kit ie pump ect

Up untill last week I had been toying with the idea of getting a BSA Tactical or Lightning :yes: .

That all changed when I had a go with my mates BSA tactical,I wasn't taken on by it at all. :no: Now I admit it's been a good few years since I shot a springer but I couldn't believe how harsh the recoil was. ;)

I know they are a bit more expensive and you would have to buy a pump or bottle but I would go for a Air Arms S410, I've got two,one in .177 calibre the other in .22. I would highly recommend them. :yes::thumbs:

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I had a BSA Lightening and I'd have one again without need for consideration, if I had a license (Eire) for one. Only I'd suggest ye get the XL model. Only that few quid more and it makes all the differance. Bit of chequering.

Fact is, when the gun shop pointed out the Lightening, I was like, " God, no! What a piece of shit That looks like! ..... No, I was thinking more of something like That beauty! ".

'Oh,' the bloke said; 'The Lightening XL .....' Exactly the same gun, just has that bit of flash to the fore end and pistol grip. Doesn't make a blind bit of differance to performance. But it makes it a gun ye'll drool over. Turns a piece of wood into an art work.

You're not wrong there DS ... the fish tail chequering on the stock really finishes the gun off well :wub: ... I have a lightning ... and its probably the gun i use the most out off all my guns , prefered it to my tx200hc due to it being alot lighter and not a bit of a pain in the arse to load, didnt have to pump it up when i had the Super10 fooking buddy bottles take some filling! Then along came my old fx2000, even though it was precharge it beat the Beeza on looks , cheaquered stock while my lightnings stock is just a lump of wood. Anyways i'm drifting away from the point of the post! Get the lightning you won't regret it :gunsmilie:

Karl

Oh and BTW i still have the lightning , had it for 7 years nearly! Still comes out more then any of my others. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...