Canadas with the cannon

Guest little_lloyd

Guest little_lloyd

Well lads we have a small flock of canadas that breed on our lake every year that are never about when the wildfolw season is underway so instead of shooting them of the sky these geese are for shooting with the cannon :victory:

Just the one picture as i was only passing by to check a few tunnel traps,, And thier was a light drizzle,, but hope you enjoy.

post-7667-1203877075_thumb.jpg

Guest little_lloyd
Canadas dont have a season, do they :unsure: ??

Nout sure,, Just always took them as wildfowl and gave them the same season as wildfowl,,I do not like to kill things out of season, Other than your vermin and pests,, but the canadas are not any harm down there,, nice to look at and i remember when they had their young last summer,, we would hide in the reeds and shoot the magpies and crows that where after the wildfowl eggs,, But the geese they will be gone come september when the season is underway and back a few months after its finneshed,, But im sure if theres no season on them i could take one for the pot.

Guest little_lloyd
LL, you want to get rid of them, they are very terratorial and will drive away and keep other wildfowl from the lake/pond, I shoot every one I see at this time of year. They are a feathered vermin.

take the gun and pup see if i can get him to retrive one tommorw afternoon.

I used to keep a couple of these about 20 years ago - they were my Grandfathers up until he died. They were very tame and confiding. I had trouble finding a gander for them, as they're not so common in the North East of Ireland, but eventually I did. The fox broke in one night however, and wiped out all three birds - I was gutted!

Zek.