Youre best catches ferreting!

Sooo i am new to ferreting and would like to know what youre best catches are, And youre best true ferreting stories. I have been out once or twice with some people and my best was 18, when i get my ferreting equipment i will leave a comment aswell.

"Best" catches are not always the biggest.On some ground we ,working in team of two or three,with lots of purse-nets a long-net and couple o dogs been known catch 40 to 60 rabbits.On the other hand some of the buries in heavy Sussex clay don't give much away at all.For me the "best" days are when I stick ten of my lightest nets in a pocket , jill into a bag(rigid ,secure,ventilated, well padded and kept only for this ultra-mobile ferreting I will add before someone gives me stick) and dog at heel ....Dog marks,I net up the easy holes(or not),in with the ferret.Quick,no-pressure ,fun ferreting,sometimes we even go home with a rabbit!

post-13773-1203801146_thumb.jpg

Edited by comanche

my best this season was 13. having just returned to ferreting after ten years out. my all time best was in 1992 when hunting with my grandad and three of his friends somewhere near kinussie (for those people not familiar with scotland its in the highlands). we arrived there at around 7am and hunted until 4pm and between us we had over two hundred rabbits. this day sticks in my memory as i remember having to carry them back to the car :( . just wish i could remember exactly where near kinussie i was only10 at the time and used to sleep the full journey there and back. unfortunately no pics as no camera phones back then and normal cameras where not as cheap. so will just have to take my word for it