quality boots

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ditch_Shitter

I see ye listing all the 'big and fancy' names there, mate. But, personally, I just had a pair of Berghausse, with GoreTex lining. Wore the living f*ck out of them for a couple of years and then destroyed them by falling asleep with me feet in the grate. £75.00 at sale time. I'll look for those again, next time I can afford footwear.

I started a thread about boots a few months back. Sorry, I don' t know how to do a link. On the advice given there, I bought a pair of Meindl Dovre Extreme, which were very expensive, but the best quality boots I have ever had the pleasure of putting on. Feet toasty and sweat free and could walk all day and night in them. Just hope their reputation for longeveity is true, to justify the price.

Hi all looking for some info on some good quality hunting boots looking for something for all aspects of hunting,shooting etc. been looking at danner boots and lowa,altberg,le chameu what are your valued opinions

Don't know where you are,but what about "Real" fell boots from Staffordshire?Lad at Stoney Middleton. About £140.00 a pair.Last years with right care.

Guest deerman

Just got out of army after 16 years tryed them all, lowa about the best, only thing with gortex their warm and if water gets over top they take days to dry out,top tip on drying them out leave them in room temp and fill with news paper ,keep changing paper every 12 hours until their dry, and loads of dubin and boot polish ,

DM

I started a thread about boots a few months back. Sorry, I don' t know how to do a link. On the advice given there, I bought a pair of Meindl Dovre Extreme, which were very expensive, but the best quality boots I have ever had the pleasure of putting on. Feet toasty and sweat free and could walk all day and night in them. Just hope their reputation for longeveity is true, to justify the price.

Glad your pleased with them fellla,

Link here

SINDASOX ;)

Just got out of army after 16 years tryed them all, lowa about the best, only thing with gortex their warm and if water gets over top they take days to dry out,top tip on drying them out leave them in room temp and fill with news paper ,keep changing paper every 12 hours until their dry, and loads of dubin and boot polish ,

DM

Deerman, perhaps you can help me out here, how do stop the lowas from f***in sqeaking when you walk, how the feck you'd ever creep up anyone to slot 'em, I'll never know. When I'm out at night I'm so concious of them and I think everything for miles would here me coming. I think the sound comes from the padded bit at the top of the boot or the tongue, I've tried wearing them tight, loose, dubbined, oiled, please any insider tips here?

ps don't tell me to piss on 'em, I'm not that desperate :laugh:

Guest deerman

DM

Deerman, perhaps you can help me out here, how do stop the lowas from f***in sqeaking when you walk, how the feck you'd ever creep up anyone to slot 'em, I'll never know. When I'm out at night I'm so concious of them and I think everything for miles would here me coming. I think the sound comes from the padded bit at the top of the boot or the tongue, I've tried wearing them tight, loose, dubbined, oiled, please any insider tips here?

ps don't tell me to piss on 'em, I'm not that desperate :laugh: mate are they new boots? might just take time for leather to soften if thier new thats why the squeak, if not just keep dubining them ,wear them in water ,but sounds to me just need loads of miles put in them to brake them in, hopr this helps.

DM

Lowa mountain boots, about 60 quid on ebay, best boots Ive owned including a £230 pair. Theyre really good, comfortable, warm, dry, hard wearing. I completely agree with deerman, lots of polish and dubbin. I dont buff the excess polish off and make them shiny, I let them warm by the fire and then apply the dubbin, again let them sit by the fire until the leather has absorbed it all. Great allround, value for money boot. Hope this helps.

TT.

Lowa mountain boots, about 60 quid on ebay, best boots Ive owned including a £230 pair. Theyre really good, comfortable, warm, dry, hard wearing. I completely agree with deerman, lots of polish and dubbin. I dont buff the excess polish off and make them shiny, I let them warm by the fire and then apply the dubbin, again let them sit by the fire until the leather has absorbed it all. Great allround, value for money boot. Hope this helps.

TT.

cheers for the avice very much apprecated will have a look on ebay

ps don't tell me to piss on 'em, I'm not that desperate :laugh: mate are they new boots? might just take time for leather to soften if thier new thats why the squeak, if not just keep dubining them ,wear them in water ,but sounds to me just need loads of miles put in them to brake them in, hopr this helps.

DM

They've got plenty of miles in, sounds like more dubbin needed, thanks.