Summer months

Guest lurchers&terriers

Guest tina/kev/sky/ace/tug

summer is on its way and for some the season is drawing to a end but for others there is never a season and hunt all year around. what's your take on these people are they right to hunt in the summer or are they wrong?

Guest longslip

Good post.Its about over for me dog and ferret wise but fishing and gardening about to begin :thumbs: Mind saying that if i was exercising the dogs during the summer months and the dogs got hold of something in that bright yellow oil rape seed, I would,nt play f@"k with them.

:gunsmilie: This saturday is our last day ferreting of this season and i will stop using the dogs next week and try to give the varmints a chance to breed but if any landowner needs myself or the dogs then i would defenintly go out irrespective of the time of year
summer is on its way and for some the season is drawing to a end but for others there is never a season and hunt all year around. what's your take on these people are they right to hunt in the summer or are they wrong?

i don't ferret and do very little lamping. i do though go out during the day looking for rabbits. the rabbits are a pest so take a good seeing to all year round.

foxes i don't touch because there not doing any harm now the shootings ended, they just help keep the rabbits down.

hares i leave but again they are lots so at harvest we have a go at them, but a sporting go rather than a gun.

the harvest is the best time of year. we go out on the horses with the lurchers and a silenced 410 have have great fun.

i'll see if i can find some photos.

for me im always out there trying to hunt something all year round,only the methods change.rats are controlled all-year round and lurchers love ratting.

ill have a lurcher pup to get started at the bushing/ratting game and he will be taken out just about every night alongside the terrier.they will catch young and mixied rabbits but thats just the way it is.theres no-way i could stop hunting from now untill august/september................what would i do,watch fecking eastenders omnibus every sunday :clapper::clapper: