what makes a rabbiting dog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

very true i was in new mexico last week, took several photos the guy with us had a 3 grand cam we got maybe twenty photos of good qaulity shots ye the camers never lies but by fech it hides the other hundred things dogs can do wrong or in some cases the owners , or it can make a bad dog good or a good dog great , one day ille learn to post a photo got plenty from seventies till present on all sorts of hunting with dogs some great shots cheers

some people are happy with average others may not be and rather than being a hot shot perhaps they strive to produce the best they can so if they decide to have a litter some time in the future they can hand on heart say they are producing a good class of workers

WELL SOCKS ,

AFTER OVER 30 YRS WITH DOGS ........ I VE FOUND THE REAL GREATS ARE BORN ..... NOT .... BRED ,

HOWEVER I THINK YOUR ABOVE STATEMENT IS A MOTTO TO STRIVE FOR .........

IN YOUR PREVIOUS POST YOU MENTION TWO POINTS ..........

" not every dog can work a longnet correctly " ..... WELL .........TO ME AND A FEW OTHERS THE LONGNET IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE A NIGHT TIME HARVESTER OF GAME , THOUGH NOW ITS MAINLY A TOOL OF FERRETERS EITHER DOING LARGE SETTS OR TOO LAZY TO SET PURSE NETS ON MEDIUM SIZED ONES , IAM AFRAID IT STILL SETS MY TEETH ON EDGE SEEING LURCHERS RUNNING CONEYS OVER LARGE WARRENS TO SEE THEM DROP BACK TO GROUND .......... BUT HEY .. THATS JUST ME :D

" any dog can be taught basic commands .... not every dog can be guided and positioned where you want them on a 100+ hole warren in complete silence just with hand signals or a click of the fingers .... " ..........

IMO ............. THE DOG WORKING WITH ITS OWNER AS " ONE " ONLY COMES ABOUT BY LIVING WITH THE DOG NIGHT AND DAY ........ YOU AND IT GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER INSIDE OUT AND IN SUCH A CASE VERY LITTLE GUIDEING OF THE DOG WILL BE NEEDED .......... THEY JUST KINDA KNOW WHATS WANTED ;) ..... VERY FEW OWNERS OF MORE THAN ONE DOG WILL EVER REACH THAT LEVEL ........... OVER THE YRS I CAN NAME QUITE A FEW LADS I HAVE SEEN WORK IN " ONENESS " WITH THEIR CHARGES WHICH RANGED FROM MONGRELS TO LURCHERS ......... YEP SOCKS .......... IT REALLY IS SOMETHING TO WITNESS

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

Guest markbrick1
very true i was in new mexico last week, took several photos the guy with us had a 3 grand cam we got maybe twenty photos of good qaulity shots ye the camers never lies but by fech it hides the other hundred things dogs can do wrong or in some cases the owners , or it can make a bad dog good or a good dog great , one day ille learn to post a photo got plenty from seventies till present on all sorts of hunting with dogs some great shots cheers

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: YOU KNOW WHIN IN SOME PEOPLES CASES ON HERE BRAGGIN ABOUT THERE DOGS WITH ALL THESE ACTION SHOTS IT SO TRUE,I ONLY DO STILL SHOTS CANT CATCH THE FECKERS WITH MY CAMERA AND I WOULDNT INVITE A PERSON FOR A DAYS HUNYING JUST FOR HIM TO TAKE PICTURES,MARK

IVE GOT THE ANSWER FOR A GOOD RABBITING DOG SOCKS AND TOMO,ITS A GOOD CAMERA :laugh::laugh::laugh:
SHOULD OF SAID TO PROVE YOUR SELF ON HERE,NOT ALL OF US DRAG ALONG A PERSON JUST TO TAKE PHOTOS :toast::toast::toast::toast:

thats true some fecking idiots drive a thousand miles to get proven wrong :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest markbrick1

AND WHATS THE BETTER DOG A DOG THAT HOLDS IN A LONG NET ARE A DOG THAT RUNS AROUND A 100 HOLE WARREN CAREFULLY AND STOPPIN THE RABBIT FROM MAKING ITS ESCAPE WELL THE 2ND IS MY DOGS FECK THE LONG NETS GIVE EM A CHANCE

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: YOU KNOW WHIN IN SOME PEOPLES CASES ON HERE BRAGGIN ABOUT THERE DOGS WITH ALL THESE ACTION SHOTS IT SO TRUE,I ONLY DO STILL SHOTS CANT CATCH THE FECKERS WITH MY CAMERA AND I WOULDNT INVITE A PERSON FOR A DAYS HUNYING JUST FOR HIM TO TAKE PICTURES,MARK

mark instead of sitting behind your computer dishing out little snidey remarks like some old fecking cockle woman why not come out and say exactly what it is thats bothering you ... be a man for once and say what you mean ... your like a fecking big girl .........

Guest markbrick1
IVE GOT THE ANSWER FOR A GOOD RABBITING DOG SOCKS AND TOMO,ITS A GOOD CAMERA :laugh::laugh::laugh:
SHOULD OF SAID TO PROVE YOUR SELF ON HERE,NOT ALL OF US DRAG ALONG A PERSON JUST TO TAKE PHOTOS :toast::toast::toast::toast:

thats true some fecking idiots drive a thousand miles to get proven wrong :laugh::laugh::laugh:

TOLD YOU BEFORE I WASNT PROVEN WRONG,DID YOU SAY MY DOGS WOULDNT CATCH A HARE SINGLE HANDED ON THE FENS WELL THEY DID SO THATS IT FULL STOP

AND WHATS THE BETTER DOG A DOG THAT HOLDS IN A LONG NET ARE A DOG THAT RUNS AROUND A 100 HOLE WARREN CAREFULLY AND STOPPIN THE RABBIT FROM MAKING ITS ESCAPE WELL THE 2ND IS MY DOGS FECK THE LONG NETS GIVE EM A CHANCE

another statement to show little it is that you really know ... you are a silly bitter little man .........

Guest markbrick1

mark instead of sitting behind your computer dishing out little snidey remarks like some old fecking cockle woman why not come out and say exactly what it is thats bothering you ... be a man for once and say what you mean ... your like a fecking big girl .........

YOU AND YOURE KNOW ALL ATITUDE,AND IVE GOT THE BEST DOG IN THE FECKIN WORLD,DONT DISAGREE YOU GOT A GOOD DOG THERE BUT FECK YOU THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL

Guest markbrick1

in my opinion the type of dogs you keep would struggle badly on a daytime hare in open country given fair law, they are to small and are better suited to rabbits ............... QUOTE SOCKS AND HIS KNOW ALL ATTITUDE NO WONDER YOU WENT AGAINST ME WHEN SHE RETREIVED

Guest markbrick1
Seriously though everyone must agree to disagree because this thread is getting spoilt and will end up getting removed if personal insult's start.. and i can see it happening.. :blink: ..

Millet

NO PERSONAL INSULTS FROM ME ITS POINTLESS OVER A COMPUTER,MARK

can i ask a question .....markbrick and socks ...you both seem keen rabbit men and have good dogs :thumbs: ,,,do you like your dog to choose its runs ...e.g if its close to a hedge cover a long way off .....you wouldnt want your dog to go for it ..or would you like it to take a chance a maybe it will get it ...???????