Incest kits - bro and sis

Guest craftycarper

contradicts itself... :rofl::rofl::rofl: my friend read it again. I said why breed and have 8 or more ferts when you only require 2 and the rest end up in rescues or tapped on the head, rescues are full of ferts that are well up for the job. Most people don't realise what they are taking on when suddenly the jill drops up to 12 little uns when they only wanted a couple, then they have all them hungry mouths to feed and they end up being sold for silly prices or given to the rescues. I stand by what i said, there is enough ferts in rescues due to mindless breeding regimes, especially when you read these sorts of threads and you realize that most of the people asking breeding questions have only owned their ferret a few months and are trying to run before they can walk not even knowing the basics, i'ts for life not a bloody five minute wonder, most don't even have the right housing let alone ask about breeding...well i've had my rant...fair dues Kay about non working rescues but the two i know of in my area allow working, but there are always an influx of ads in the for sale section on here which proves i am right, people end up with too many, it's certainly not that they are making any money from it that's for sure, as we all now the costs involved feeding the little blighters if you don't have a steady supply of rabbit etc....oh then theres the other problem of when the litter is split 50/50 girls and boys and you realize that you can't keep em together otherwise the whole process starts again with a load of inbred deformitys, believe me i've seen twats do it

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To line breed anything you mate related stock,if it works and you get good stock it is called line breeding.If you get any deformaties it is called inbreeding,.

LOL

Edited by mush
contradicts itself... :rofl::rofl::rofl: my friend read it again. I said why breed and have 8 or more ferts when you only resuire 2 and the rest end up in rescues or tapped on the head, rescues are full of ferts that are well up for the job. Most people don't realise what they are taking on when suddenly the jill drops up to 12 little uns when they only wanted a couple, then they have all them hungry mouths to feed and they end up being sold for silly prices or given to the rescues. I stand by what i said, there is enough ferts in rescues due to mindless breeding regimes, especially when you read these sorts of threads and you realize that most of the people asking breeding questions have only owned their ferret a few months and are trying to run before they can walk not even knowing the basics, i'ts for life not a bloody five minute wonder, most don't even have the right housing let alone ask about breeding...well i've had my rant...fair dues Kay about non working rescues but the two i know of in my area allow working, but there are always an influx of ads in the for sale section on here which proves i am right, people end up with too many, it's certainly not that they are making any money from it that for sure, as we all now the costs involved feeding the little blighters if you don't have a steady supply of rabbit etc....

Well i agree about the adverts on here & i guarantee in a few months time there will be loads of posts on here all regarding biting kits & after reading what one member was planning to feed his yet unborn kits on baby food it no wonder :censored:

Running before you can walk is right, but no amount of advice & trying to persuade very new owners to not breed will fall on deaf ears sadly :no:

contradicts itself... :rofl::rofl::rofl: my friend read it again. I said why breed and have 8 or more ferts when you only resuire 2 and the rest end up in rescues or tapped on the head, rescues are full of ferts that are well up for the job. Most people don't realise what they are taking on when suddenly the jill drops up to 12 little uns when they only wanted a couple, then they have all them hungry mouths to feed and they end up being sold for silly prices or given to the rescues. I stand by what i said, there is enough ferts in rescues due to mindless breeding regimes, especially when you read these sorts of threads and you realize that most of the people asking breeding questions have only owned their ferret a few months and are trying to run before they can walk not even knowing the basics, i'ts for life not a bloody five minute wonder, most don't even have the right housing let alone ask about breeding...well i've had my rant...fair dues Kay about non working rescues but the two i know of in my area allow working, but there are always an influx of ads in the for sale section on here which proves i am right, people end up with too many, it's certainly not that they are making any money from it that for sure, as we all now the costs involved feeding the little blighters if you don't have a steady supply of rabbit etc....

Well i agree about the adverts on here & i guarantee in a few months time there will be loads of posts on here all regarding biting kits & after reading what one member was planning to feed his yet unborn kits on baby food it no wonder :censored:

Running before you can walk is right, but no amount of advice & trying to persuade very new owners to not breed will fall on deaf ears sadly :no:

i agree with you both,breeding ferrets should be thought through deeply ,i have several ferrets that were extras from last years breeding from others,and there is loads of private rescue centres that have good ferrets for working give those little guys a good home

Edited by sue

what gets me is that all there bothered about is bloody silver ferrets, so f*****g what, a ferrets a ferret regardless of its colour, stinks of the show sort does this lot, think they can make a few bob , sod the genetics & the health implications, as long as its near black or bloody silver it dont matter :whistling:

When was the last time some one posted saying they would look for temprement & general wellbeing & do some research before embarking on any kind of breeding programme, it just beggers belief

Mush thats spot on, lets put it that way, anyone who has to ask something as basic as how long does a ferret stay in season shouldnt be breeding them period :censored:

Its easier to keep asking everyone else, rather than borrow a decent book from the library to at least learn the basics of ferret keeping

it don't mater if its dogs cat or ferrets it all the same, If your going to breed read up about it first, ask people who know a bit about breeding and who year after year have and breed good workers.

This is the pedigree of one of my dogs going by what some say he should have two heads and god knows how many legs LOL

http://pawvillage.com/pedigree/pedigree.asp?ID=I6ZA4V5AYV

STA60052.jpg

Guest basil46
what gets me is that all there bothered about is bloody silver ferrets, so f*****g what, a ferrets a ferret regardless of its colour, stinks of the show sort does this lot, think they can make a few bob , sod the genetics & the health implications, as long as its near black or bloody silver it dont matter :whistling:

When was the last time some one posted saying they would look for temprement & general wellbeing & do some research before embarking on any kind of breeding programme, it just beggers belief

Kay, get off your moral high horse. I shouldn`t think theres one person in this forum who doesn`t have a preference, be it polecat, albino or silver but does that matter? Yes there are to many ferrets being bred, yes people don`t find out enough before embarking into breeding, yes it does beggar belief what we hear.

Some of the folk here are first time breeders who can benefit from people like yourself who have what seems to be a fairly vast knowledge of ferrets. Education is the key not criticism or sarcasm. I`m not saying you`re wrong in your comments but "stinks of the show sort does this lot" and "think they can make a few bob" doesn`t help anyone. People learn by their mistakes, we`ve all made them, even you kay.

With respect, basil.

Kay, get off your moral high horse. I shouldn`t think theres one person in this forum who doesn`t have a preference, be it polecat, albino or silver but does that matter? Yes there are to many ferrets being bred, yes people don`t find out enough before embarking into breeding, yes it does beggar belief what we hear.

Some of the folk here are first time breeders who can benefit from people like yourself who have what seems to be a fairly vast knowledge of ferrets. Education is the key not criticism or sarcasm. I`m not saying you`re wrong in your comments but "stinks of the show sort does this lot" and "think they can make a few bob" doesn`t help anyone. People learn by their mistakes, we`ve all made them, even you kay.

With respect, basil.

Opps did i hit a raw nerve :hmm:

Guest basil46

With respect, basil.

Opps did i hit a raw nerve :hmm:

Not really kay, one day the new comers will also be saying "don`t do it" and "this, that and the other"

Well we hope they will be !! basil.

Basil i have lost count of the times i have read on this forum alone the amount of new members who ask how to breed for silver or can i breed silver to silver

So why is that ? do they make ultimate workers or something, you rarely get folk asking about any other colour breeding, basic posts about breeding yes, but when a member is asking questions like how long is a ferret in season for & some of the other basic questions like feeding /housing then a matter of weeks later they are asking about breeding it rings alarm bells

probably gonna upset a few folk here with this next sentence but here goes, why the hell do people wanna deliberately breed ferts to cull them if not happy with the end result. If you have a litter that are deformed, then fine it's in the best interest of the animal, but to breed from a pair that you know have a high chance of having abnormal young whats it all about.....

because i dont believe they end up deformed. find me someone thats ended up with dodgy litter and ill throw my hands up coz theres many people that have bred family for years with no probs. someone with experience please post as theres alot of know-feck-alls on her. not digging at you crafty, i do understand what your saying and it would be silly to do if it actuall DID cause problems bu im yet to find evidence of it.

do you really think someones going to shout from the rooftops that they breed '' dodgy'' kits :no:

BRILLIANT DISCUSSION. and i haven't even heard a mention of the word ANTI once... oh f.c.u.k.... Well, only once now. In reply to quite a few different answers and opinions.. The 'culling deformed kits' reply off somone (?) highlighted the fact that if deformed kits were born, they would usually have to be dispached. My HONEST and REAL thought is.. i AM breeding my two siblings as my OWN experiment so next year i can advise peole on here, however it turns out.

I know more than the average man does about genetics and although i, myself think there is more chance of something going wrong, ferrets genetics are no-where near as complex as humans so it more uncommon for problems to occur...You look at rats, mice, and bunnys for instance!!! They interbreed in the wild "sometimes" and LOADS in captivity wherebthey do it in the thousands, so please dont judge me too hastily. If there were dodgy ferrets that were unigue in some way, i would more than likely keep them (or a couple) myself as pets for the kids.. answew rest soon....

Guest craftycarper

So Basil you thinks it's ok to learn by your mistakes ay, that being breeding and ending up with a load of surplus ferts or inbreds...and thats ok...your mistake at the ferts cost is ok. I really don't understand the logic in any of this really, rescues and the for sale section here shortly will have a multitude of different sex,colour,age,size ferrets from working stock, all the hard work done for you so why breed for the hell of it because you have never done it before and want to say i've bred ferrets :wallbash: