Jump to content

Dogo Argentino blood


Recommended Posts


  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve never seen a working Dogo in person. Has anyone else on here ? What could they do here in the UK that a purpose bred lurcher couldn’t ?    There’s dogs here that take everything in th

As well as showing and judging Deerhounds; Ms. Noble also coursed them regularly with the Deerhound and Saluki Coursing Club ; Cheers.

this is my daughters bulldogo brother to my one 14 mths old

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mr moocher said:

a lot of dogo blood in this county is romanian and serbian piles of shit that wouldnot cut it

Dogo with no go never known or seen a good one

Link to post

I’ve never seen a working Dogo in person. Has anyone else on here ?

What could they do here in the UK that a purpose bred lurcher couldn’t ? 
 

There’s dogs here that take everything in the UK , including the big deer and boar, so what would be the point of a Dogo ? 
I’ve often thought about having a working type Borzoi or Chartpolski or Azawak or whatever, but what would be the point ? There’s probably better lurchers available for the quarry we have here, so the “exotic” types would only be an indulgence.

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers.

Edited by chartpolski
  • Like 11
Link to post
42 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve never seen a working Dogo in person. Has anyone else on here ?

What could they do here in the UK that a purpose bred lurcher couldn’t ? 
 

There’s dogs here that take everything in the UK , including the big deer and boar, so what would be the point of a Dogo ? 
I’ve often thought about having a working type Borzoi or Chartpolski or Azawak or whatever, but what would be the point ? There’s probably better lurchers available for the quarry we have here, so the “exotic” types would only be an indulgence.

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers.

I was thinking the same. We have, or had, everything to suites our needs, and we have exported them across the world to suite the needs abroad. But, we have them big wild pigs back here now. So maybe there is a need for something made of the parts that we exported and thought useless to come back and catch these naughty pigs? Jack Russells can manage OK. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
8 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I’ve never seen a working Dogo in person. Has anyone else on here ?

What could they do here in the UK that a purpose bred lurcher couldn’t ? 
 

There’s dogs here that take everything in the UK , including the big deer and boar, so what would be the point of a Dogo ? 
I’ve often thought about having a working type Borzoi or Chartpolski or Azawak or whatever, but what would be the point ? There’s probably better lurchers available for the quarry we have here, so the “exotic” types would only be an indulgence.

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers.

Remember having this book bought for me for my 12th birthday with text and pictures of dogs from all over the world. Though it was the picture of the Deerhound in it that I nagged my parents in wanting one though obviously they ignored my pleads as a dog of that stature would have been no good to us as kids scrounging around our local haunts with our pack of mongrels. 

20240522_071000.jpg

20240522_071529.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
29 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Remember having this book bought for me for my 12th birthday with text and pictures of dogs from all over the world. Though it was the picture of the Deerhound in it that I nagged my parents in wanting one though obviously they ignored my pleads as a dog of that stature would have been no good to us as kids scrounging around our local haunts with our pack of mongrels. 

20240522_071000.jpg

20240522_071529.jpg

Anastasia noble breeding good proven coursing deerhounds, sad loss when she went ardikinglass .

  • Like 3
Link to post
32 minutes ago, grompz56 said:

Anastasia noble breeding good proven coursing deerhounds, sad loss when she went ardikinglass .

I thought it would have been one of hers mate later on in life when I browsed through the book. Some other pictures in the book of dogs from other countries just look like some of the mongrels that used to roam the streets on most housing estates back in the day. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
22 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

I thought it would have been one of hers mate later on in life when I browsed through the book. Some other pictures in the book of dogs from other countries just look like some of the mongrels that used to roam the streets on most housing estates back in the day. 

good to have the dogs mooching about as kids just rough when a bitch come on heat 10   fighting for her all at her 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
8 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

good to have the dogs mooching about as kids just rough when a bitch come on heat 10   fighting for her all at her 

I reckon back then mate everyone preferred dogs for that reason and remember some dogs that would go missing for days and could be found around an house and street where a bitch would be in heat some times a fair distance away and then scraps with other male dogs that had the same idea. 

Edited by tatsblisters
Wrong word
  • Like 4
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...