what would these dogs be like on hares pre ban

Guest markbrick1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If they have been exercised before most hares will lift at 100 yards or further at this time of year anyway!

these fellows are as green as grass so the little tyke will have a bit of an advantage ............

I think your dogs might scare one even catch one but they would not do many in a day..

proper slips naa mabie hunted up but I dont know just my theroy i aint seen your dogs run let us know how they fare..

Mark Your threads are excellent folk come out of the wood work to knock you but boy you put your head on the block you must have thick skin..

Keep at mark your doing more than most..

Chalkwarren you crack me up :laugh: :laugh:

Marks and spencer lurcherman :D :D

Good luck all remember a good 100 yards law now boys, and dont forget a gun and some dog booties ;)

LOL should be on his signature, come on mods fix it for us.

mark a bit off advice ....you know your rabbit dogs maybe ......but they arnt bred for hares .....dont lamp them a week before you go if you do just a few runs and just excersise them .....you dog will need to be fresh really fresh ...a fresh dog is as good as a fit dog ...........and f**k the fair law in this case 50 yards is plenty for the little dogs ....you will do well if you nail just one ......give you dog ample rest inbetween slips ..there tounge might not be hanging out and it will look like its recovered ...but beleive me it wont have ....the stamina is totally different than lamping .....your dog will have to dig very deep if the course starts going over the mintue and a half mark .........like i said make sure you give it amlpe rest inbetween slips ......when the course starts hitting the two minute mark ......and the hare decides to go again thats when alot of luchers jack ..pull up .....not all but alot do .......good luck .......and dont let pride stand in the way of the wellfair off your dogs you will be able to tell when they have had enough and when they have put the lead on and put it back in the car wether you have blanked or not ,,........... :thumbs:

Guest markbrick1
mark a bit off advice ....you know your rabbit dogs maybe ......but they arnt bred for hares .....dont lamp them a week before you go if you do just a few runs and just excersise them .....you dog will need to be fresh really fresh ...a fresh dog is as good as a fit dog ...........and f**k the fair law in this case 50 yards is plenty for the little dogs ....you will do well if you nail just one ......give you dog ample rest inbetween slips ..there tounge might not be hanging out and it will look like its recovered ...but beleive me it wont have ....the stamina is totally different than lamping .....your dog will have to dig very deep if the course starts going over the mintue and a half mark .........like i said make sure you give it amlpe rest inbetween slips ......when the course starts hitting the two minute mark ......and the hare decides to go again thats when alot of luchers jack ..pull up .....not all but alot do .......good luck .......and dont let pride stand in the way of the wellfair off your dogs you will be able to tell when they have had enough and when they have put the lead on and put it back in the car wether you have blanked or not ,,........... :thumbs:

very good advice snoops thats the only problem with thursday i ran em hard last night and thursday might be a bit soon but i will speak to miles tomorrow and we will see :thumbs: i know the dogs and ive got every bit of faith in em,iam not a weekend warrior are a keyboard hunter i got a little experiance with lurchers not as much as some but more then most,and marks and spencers lurcher man beleave me my money hasnt been given me and i worked bloody hard for it,in some extreme conditions and places most wouldnt want to go,so lets just see what happens and remember what happened to the show lot,i wiped the floor with 2 pups at all the racing coarsing jumpin the lot and they all said i couldnt do it and the dogs would be fecked at 2 well wernt they wrong and theres been several people of these sites who have come out with me and most have had to lift there dogs into the landrover at night and there dogs lost there legs,and mine had caught more and still goin,mark

Some good invites there Mark, get on up there on the flat lands, and see what you do can do with a 100 yard slip daytime feb hare........ ;)
Hello people, you better hurry up Mark as we have already seen them pairing up. Edited by leegreen
Guest markbrick1
Some good invites there Mark, get on up there on the flat lands, and see what you do can do with a 100 yard slip daytime feb hare........ ;)
Hello people, you better hurray up Mark as we have already seen them pairing up.

i will mate we will be sorting it,mark

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markbrick1
in my opinion the type of dogs you keep would struggle badly on a daytime hare in open country given fair law, they are to small and are better suited to rabbits ...............

:feck::feck::feck::feck: well your oppinion is sooooooooooooooooooo wrong,mark