Glove

stork

• 1 month later...

you cant really beat going to a raptor fair and trying a few on. some are lovely to look at but tis no use if they dont fit right, suttle differences in every glove can mean that they are not suitable for all people,

iv been through a few gloves and the best one iv had, which i still have, was from the big falconry fair at weston park, when there are enough gloves that you get bored of trying them on then you can be sure of getting the right one.

in my humble opinion you cant buy a glove without trying it on.

I used to always buy all the flash gloves like what Ben make! no doubt about it they're cracking gloves. but these days I look around for a fairly short cuff number as cheap as possible always single thickness wether female or male Gos, a glove does a job for me even if its just for the season! the birds feed off it, are picked up on it, and return to it, after the season its banged in the bin and I get a new one for about £15 - 20.

At the end of the day we buy flash gloves for our own benefit! the bird knows no different, if it does a job without falling to bits thats fine by me.....

Jasper

Hello.

I just wonderd which is the best falconry glove to buy and where form websites and pictures would be great.

Thank you very much.

:drink::victory:

a lad in the north east does mint ones cheep as well due north its called www.duenorth.com :thumbs:

i have a ben long khan thats 6 years old and a westweald thats about 6 years old. both are great but have to say the westweald one is much more supple and easier to wear.