Ratting - Jabs

I'm really interested in ratting with my english bull and am getting more and more into it as time goes on.

Thing is she is 3 in june and hasnt had her jabs, bloke we got her off said that her parents and so on didnt have jabs and that they build up their own immune system ?

Is it safe to take her ratting ?

I know the bloke and have no reason to doubt what he's saying just after peace of mind

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Take a look under the Dog Health section. I have a Pinned Post there regarding Vaccinations.

Trouble yeself to read and digest it and ye'll find, A. Your mate's misinformed ye. Dogs should have the initial two " Puppy Jabs ". And B. No ammount of jabs, " Boosters " or 'Bred in Immunity' on earth will save ye Dog getting Weils Disease if it's going to happen. Ratting Dogs run that risk, regardless of jabs, every day of their lives. Just as running Dogs run into things.

Your call.

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Weils Disease (Leptospirosis) is a vile disease. It'll kill ye Dog. Horribly. Wouldn't do a lot for you either, but you can wear gloves and won't be drinking the water.

What chances of ye Dog getting it? Molly and Millet would likely say 'Cellophane rat in hells chance'. They have terriers who probably see more active service than most and are all perfectly healthy. What someone might say who's Dog got it and died? I don't know. It's one of those things, mate. It CAN happen. One simply has to trust it won't, or else try to keep ye Dogs away from situations which heighten the odds that it might. It really is a very personal choice.

Without it's puppy jabs? Ye Dog's exposed, primarily, to Parvo Virus. Another disgusting way to go. Only that one ye can't protect ye Dog against. Except by getting it the initial two 'puppy jabs'.

Disregarding those isn't so much a personal choice as an act of crass stupidity, IMHO. Ye Dog will do the dying. But you'll have to live with what ye've put it through en route.

It's all in that doccument which ye'll likely never find time to read.

Cheers for that mate.

Its worried me a bit now lol

If it was you running the risk you'd have the jabs. Do the decent thing by your dog. Injections cost les than your first visit to the vets and a helluva lot less than a new dog!

Guest Ditch_Shitter

Allgame; You'd do well to study that PDF, mate. I can't make the effort for ye. I can't explain it in more concise terms than I have. But, if ye truly care about ye Dogs, ye'd do well to take the time to study and digest it ;)

Any of ye would :yes:

I always get my ratting dogs jabbed. As far as I am aware, puppies only carry their mothers immunity for a very short amount of time, in the same way human babies have immunity to certain diseases for a limited time from their mother.

Too lazy to read or not, the gist of it is that vaccinations DO NOT get passed down from the parents :wallbash: I used to work as a vet nurse, and I don't know everything but I do know that you're taking quite a risk without having the first two jabs done. I have my doubts about the boosters being repeated every year as most vets encourage, so mine have the first two puppy jabs and thats it.

Better safe than sorry pal - take him for the jabs.