Scottish Countryside Alliance Resignation

This afternoon after a discussion with Tony Andrews, the head of the Scottish Countryside Alliance. I have resigned as a member of that organisation on a number of points, I have also realised (maybe a bit late) that it is not as supportive of its members as we'd like to think and it responds more to the views of an elite clique, My website will continue to be supportive of all members of the countryside community who hunt with dogs and not just hounds, There is no Coursing in Scotland and the taking of hares is also illegal, my website and its forum pages are open to all who use Lurchers and Terriers I would ask?? what are the benifits in being a member of an organisation that gave up its appeal on the hunting with dogs issue because the hunting with hounds is safe in Scotland?? and what right do they have?? to ask me to change the name of my website before they give me a resiprocal link to their website.

Tom

Takes balls to stand up for your principles Tom.  :good:

Some of us appreciate the commitment, of people like yourself, to the cause. If you decide to pursue a different path, keep us posted ;)

A guy with lurcher and a couple of terriers as just as much valid commitment to hunting with dogs, as some-one with a red coat and a horse and I'm supportive of both, "THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE" I kept terriers long before I shot or became involved in foxhunting and my commitment is still as strong, despite today,

Tom

A very good post there Tom...without the terrier and lurcher folk the CA would fold...

My worry J is that if a licencing system comes in south of the border the CA won't need you, (that's what has happened to some lurcher and terrier men in Scotland) because foxhunting with hounds might be secure?? In a telephone conversation yesterday with an official of the SCA it was made clear to me that the public don't see Hare Coursing, the use of Lurchers for the taking Deer and Hare, and Stag hunting as well, as the use of Beagle's as acceptable and as a compromise one of the major Countrysports organisations may be prepared to sacrifice them for foxhunting

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

big respect 4 u tom, im moving up scotland soon :(  but ive got 2 lurchers so not happy . kind regards. bb.

BB, you can still legally take rabbits with Lurchers in Scotland but taking hares is illegal, I dont know if your dogs can tell the difference because, some of the police up here can't

Tom

:angel::angel::angel:

big respect 4 u tom, im moving up scotland soon :(  but ive got 2 lurchers so not happy .   kind regards. bb.

BB, you can still legally take rabbits with Lurchers in Scotland but taking hares is illegal, I dont know if your dogs can tell the difference because, some of the police up here can't

Tom

An often quoted statement!

But do you think it will take them long to cotton on that a hare is twice the size of a rabbit?

big respect 4 u tom, im moving up scotland soon :(  but ive got 2 lurchers so not happy .   kind regards. bb.

Tom

But do you think it will take them long to cotton on that a hare is twice the size of a rabbit?

Most Scottish police officers are deployed in cities and towns, and there is a massive shortage of beat cops, where are they going to get the manpower to police the Scottish countryside and if hares are twice the size of rabbits how do you explain Bugs Bunny, and Roger Rabbit?????

Tom

:search: :search: :search:

Spoke to a Constable, from the Met, on September 15th when we were all down at Parliament Square.

He asked one of the demonstrators to explain terrier work.

The demonstrator patiently explained that it was the practice of entering a terrier to a fox earth...

Before he could continue the Constable said "What's An Earth?"

Now I don't believe for the minute that the police are stupid but some of them are extremely ignorant.

Spoke to a Constable, from the Met, on September 15th when we were all down at Parliament Square.

The demonstrator patiently explained that it was the practice of entering a terrier to a fox earth...

Now I don't believe for the minute that the police are stupid but some of them are extremely ignorant.

That was the same copper who said "i can kill more with my shot gun than you lot with your horses".................of the twenty people me and chris were stood with not one had a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 people think the ban is all about horses ..............which an work for us ;) yis fellman

That was the same copper who said "i can kill more with my shot gun than you lot with your horses".................of the twenty people me and chris were stood with not one had a horse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 people think the ban is all about horses ..............which an work for us ;) yis fellman

You watch what happens the emphasis will change from hunting with dogs to hunting with hounds, the Countryside Alliance are sure to do this, as will the media, and lurcher and terrier men in England and Wales will suffer as they have in Scotland, despite giving their support to mounted packs, they were used a sacrificial lambs to help foxhunting, I know because I saw it happening and other people in the foxhunting community, were getting pissed off at my vociferous support for Terrier and Lurcher men

Tom