2 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Sounded an interesting chap though must have been lacking in common sense to go into any environment where you could become prey for a big cat without taking precautions.

a proper silly HUNT

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Must be a scary way to go though according to some of the books i have read it seems a quick death to be taken by a man eating big cat.

Yeah probably one of the better ways to die from a predator not like a bear that will just hold you down and start eating you alive 

59 minutes ago, mackem said:

Don't forget to analyse the bones for tooth pit data #Citizenscience. 

I took the kids to the tiger temple in sai yok years ago, the temple had over 100 tigers, some huge, the monks used to let you take them for walks on a chain thick enough to hold the Titanic, an English girl was attacked while walking one I heard and almost lost her leg. 

Did you worry about the tigers with your kids ? (Assuming they were young and not adults who can make their own choices ) . 

I have a big fear of tigers and lions even if I will never come In contact with them . It makes me super uneasy seeing people having them around them uncaged and unchained. 

I honestly think if I found out my Mrs had taken the kids to a place with tigers or lions loose I would leave her and take the kids 

8 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

Did you worry about the tigers with your kids ? (Assuming they were young and not adults who can make their own choices ) . 

I have a big fear of tigers and lions even if I will never come In contact with them . It makes me super uneasy seeing people having them around them uncaged and unchained. 

I honestly think if I found out my Mrs had taken the kids to a place with tigers or lions loose I would leave her and take the kids 

The only time I actually let them anywhere physically near tigers,and not from a distance was sriracha,Sriracha is a zoo,the tigers are in cages,the guys who take you into the cages are armed with tiny sticks,there’s different grades of tiger,small,medium,large and HUGE,my missus wanted to go in with the large but the guy said she wasn’t tall enough and might be mistaken for prey,my kids eventually went to the petting zoo where tiger and lion kittens are,I have been around a bit,I know what are and aren’t acceptable risks.

Edited by mackem
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, mackem said:

The only time I actually let them anywhere physically near tigers,and not from a distance was sriracha,Sriracha is a zoo,the tigers are in cages,the guys who take you into the cages are armed with tiny sticks,there’s different grades of tiger,small,medium,large and HUGE,my missus wanted to go in with the large but the guy said she wasn’t tall enough and might be mistaken for prey,my kids eventually went to the petting zoo where tiger and lion kittens are,I have been around a bit,I know what are and aren’t acceptable risks.

Been to that place a few times with my kids. I’ve got a load of pics somewhere, like the tiger kittens suckling on sows.

Evidently the most tigers in one place in the world. I want to take my grandson there sometime.

Cheers.

• Like 1
Just now, chartpolski said:

Been to that place a few times with my kids. I’ve got a load of pics somewhere, like the tiger kittens suckling on sows.

Evidently the most tigers in one place in the world. I want to take my grandson there sometime.

Cheers.

Sriratcha is still open Charts, don't know about the temple however as there was a bust there, freezers full of dead cats, they were found to be breeding them for the Chinese medicine market. 

• Like 1
Just now, mackem said:

Sriratcha is still open Charts, don't know about the temple however as there was a bust there, freezers full of dead cats, they were found to be breeding them for the Chinese medicine market. 

I also like the crocodile farm, I had old videos of my wife and daughter having crocodile eggs hatching in their hands.

Very interesting talking to the people there. They explained how the temperature the eggs are kept in decides not only the sex of the crocodile but wether they will be passive or aggressive.

some great places to visit in Thailand, it’s not all about sex and booze and drugs ! LOL !

Cheers.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I also like the crocodile farm, I had old videos of my wife and daughter having crocodile eggs hatching in their hands.

Very interesting talking to the people there. They explained how the temperature the eggs are kept in decides not only the sex of the crocodile but wether they will be passive or aggressive.

some great places to visit in Thailand, it’s not all about sex and booze and drugs ! LOL !

Cheers.

I did a solo paramotor flight over a croc farm in Thailand, I was fairly low, hundreds of them around the pools. 

12 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I reckon we all chip in a few quid to send greyman and foxdropper to Saudi to look at some big cats together 

tiger1.gif

Seen my fair share of real big cats mate but I’ll chip in for GM if you are .?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, chartpolski said:

Cheers.

I’ve never been but did hear that they drug them daily. No idea how true that is.

2 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I’ve never been but did hear that they drug them daily. No idea how true that is.

No idea mate, but they looked a lot more lively than the one I took my grandson to see in Edinburgh zoo ! 
Cheers.

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I heard that many times, urban legend I think or wishful thinking if it was chewing on your neck. 

• Like 1