I still remember the story of the guy from on the UAE who sent his maid into the lion cage to clean it,I think she lived on a life-support machine for a while.

• Like 2

My vet in Saudi was a Scot’s expat, a great vet and a great bloke. 
When we had a drink around the pool at his place, he would bring out his pet lion,  which was a bit disconcerting, but it was huge but harmless.

A Saudi had brought it in to be put down, it had been de-fanged and de-clawed, but he had got bored with it.

The vet gave it a good home, it ate huge quantities of meat, but was a great talking point at parties ! 
Cheers.

• Like 8

I seen a documentary on vice about Arabs and their pets . One guys friend got attacked by his pet obviously .

You wouldn't catch me anywhere near a tiger or a lion . I don't care how tame their owners say they are or how well behaved they are I wouldn't be anywhere near one unless there was a massive cage between us . That thing decides it wants to play rough a bit and before you know it your missing a scalp or part of your arm . Everyone has been around a cat that purrs when you stroke it but sometimes can't help itself attacking your feet when it's bored.  Their same thing but massive 

• Like 6
45 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I reckon we all chip in a few quid to send greyman and foxdropper to Saudi to look at some big cats together 

tiger1.gif

Don't forget to analyse the bones for tooth pit data #Citizenscience. 

I took the kids to the tiger temple in sai yok years ago, the temple had over 100 tigers, some huge, the monks used to let you take them for walks on a chain thick enough to hold the Titanic, an English girl was attacked while walking one I heard and almost lost her leg. 

55 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I reckon we all chip in a few quid to send greyman and foxdropper to Saudi to look at some big cats together 

tiger1.gif

Remember watching that buffoon Bill Oddie talking about his mate who wandered off into the Corbett national park in India after  hearing a rare owl and was killed by a tiger as he had not headed the warnings from the rangers i thought pity it weren't you Bill.lol

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

Remember watching that buffoon Bill Oddie talking about his mate who wandered off into the Corbett national park in India after  hearing a rare owl and was killed by a tiger as he had not headed the warnings from the rangers i thought pity it weren't you Bill.lol

The ornithologist was a guy called David Hunt.