Rishi Sunak small boat policy working?

1 hour ago, paulus said:

ONS figures from 2010 to 2020 state 2.6 million migrants entered the country.  For the same period the NHS say 6.1 million registered with them, ??

That's crazy in just 10 years ? 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Francie, said:

Rishi sunak is a scumbag he know about the covid coming an invested in moderna,an has made millions up millions

no one's interested mate...Boris,Sunak and that silly Bint that only lasted a few weeks in power...Only in the job to line the pockets and bank accounts of their rich little school pals...sat about laughing at all the sheep complying and crashing the economy ?

no one will be held responsible for it...the media will find something else to take people's minds away from sussing the truth ?

• Like 4
26 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

To paraphrase Billy Connolly; “anyone wanting to be a politician should be banned from ever becoming one.” 
Cheers.

I really believe that. Politicians should be co_opted. Otherwise narcissists and egomaniacs become our leaders. And its getting worse. Trump and Johnson would never have got anywhere 50 years ago. Now you can tell lie after lie,have the sexual morals of dog ferret and still be voted in. Somebody said you get the politicians you deserve...but Christ almighty we don't deserve people of that calibre.

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

I really believe that. Politicians should be co_opted. Otherwise narcissists and egomaniacs become our leaders. And its getting worse. Trump and Johnson would never have got anywhere 50 years ago. Now you can tell lie after lie,have the sexual morals of dog ferret and still be voted in. Somebody said you get the politicians you deserve...but Christ almighty we don't deserve people of that calibre.

It seems to me that the choice now isn’t “left” or “right” any more in politics, many of the Tory and Labour policies appear almost identical; mass immigration, high taxes, high debt and borrowing and the insane rush to “net zero”.

The choice seems to be between Populist or Globalist, with no middle ground.

Boris and Farrage being populist’s and Sunak and Hunt being globalists.

While it’s obvious we need global trade, I don’t think global government is a good thing, so I’d probably prefer a populist Prime Minister, one with morals and not a desire to enrich his family and friends preferably.

I can’t really agree with your “50 years ago “ view, JFK was a massively popular and populist president, but with very suspect morals, and Ted Heath was an arch globalist, who had rumours and innuendo swirling around him, just to mention two .

I don’t know the answer; one time long ago, I was in a debate as to the best form of government, and I suggested a “benevolent dictator “ much like Solomon, the problem being, they don’t stay benevolent for long; to quote Richard Littlejohn; “ give someone power, and they will abuse it….give someone absolute power, and they will absolutely abuse it”.

As you rightly say; we get who we deserve.

Cheers.