In Broomfield hospital

39 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

had my endoscopy yesterday, they told me i would get my results in a fortnight, ive just had a phone call from the hospital, they have my results,and i have an appointment this thursday morning, not looking good is it lads 

Two ways of looking at it mate;

If it’s good news, you won’t have spent weeks worrying about it.

if the news isn’t good, they can start the treatment earlier.

Stay positive, all the best ?

Cheers.

• Like 7
43 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

had my endoscopy yesterday, they told me i would get my results in a fortnight, ive just had a phone call from the hospital, they have my results,and i have an appointment this thursday morning, not looking good is it lads 

Mate stop dwelling on the end it will only make you worse I have an old mate that was diagnosed with terminal cancer 17 years ago he’s on meds but still rocking on, be thinking of you mate keep your chin up 

• Like 2

Thanks lads, im a f***ing miserable owd git i know, i shouldnt be dumping this on you, its just i have 3 different hospital appointments this week, and im all in wi worry, cant help the way i am, so there u go, i havent even told my daughter yet, shes on holiday,, that endoscopy i had yesterday at the hospital, gave me a sheet to fill out, one of the risks of an endoscopy, was death,    i have that sheet in my hand, and now ive been told by the hospital.that prior to my finger amputation, to stop a certain stroke tablet clopidogrel, or they cannot do any further surgery on me and to go on aspirin

Mate, we are all dying from the moment we are born. And when you get to 70 plus, every day is a bonus. I've had more tubes up my arse than a soho rent boy. Also had cameras up my nose and down my tadger. It's what happens when you get old. Best to accept it and laugh at it. You can't stop time, so enjoy what you have left. Try and take something positive from each day. Just little things. It helps.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Mate, we are all dying from the moment we are born. And when you get to 70 plus, every day is a bonus. I've had more tubes up my arse than a soho rent boy. Also had cameras up my nose and down my tadger. It's what happens when you get old. Best to accept it and laugh at it. You can't stop time, so enjoy what you have left. Try and take something positive from each day. Just little things. It helps.

thanks mate, i hope your well at the moment, 

• Like 1

A doctor once put a probe up my arse and said : " this is not going to be very pleasant". I replied: "well not if you are straight."

He got really mad and said "what are you are inferring? I'm straight too."  It was just a joke, think he must have been gay but not yet out of the closet.lol

Edited by jukel123
  • Haha 3
52 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Thanks lads, im a f***ing miserable owd git i know, i shouldnt be dumping this on you, its just i have 3 different hospital appointments this week, and im all in wi worry, cant help the way i am, so there u go, i havent even told my daughter yet, shes on holiday,, that endoscopy i had yesterday at the hospital, gave me a sheet to fill out, one of the risks of an endoscopy, was death,    i have that sheet in my hand, and now ive been told by the hospital.that prior to my finger amputation, to stop a certain stroke tablet clopidogrel, or they cannot do any further surgery on me and to go on aspirin

you get to your age it’s a bonus ffs lol 

When we were kids there was a guy who volunteered at our lads club. He was a brilliant bloke. Took us camping, taught us boxing and organised us into a formidable football team. We heard he was on his way out and a group of us went to see him. Because he had only days to live he was allowed alcohol and tobacco. So he was pissed up with a woodbine in his mouth. He was joking about and taking the piss as normal. Some of us got a bit upset. And he said "wtf stop your blubbing, I don't want any of that crap" He went on to tell us he had a great life and he'd never expected to live as long. I've adopted that attitude. We all got legless at his funeral because he'd asked us to.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

When we were kids there was a guy who volunteered at our lads club. He was a brilliant bloke. Took us camping, taught us boxing and organised us into a formidable football team. We heard he was on his way out and a group of us went to see him. Because he had only days to live he was allowed alcohol and tobacco. So he was pissed up with a woodbine in his mouth. He was joking about and taking the piss as normal. Some of us got a bit upset. And he said "wtf stop your blubbing, I don't want any of that crap" He went on to tell us he had a great life and he'd never expected to live as long. I've adopted that attitude. We all got legless at his funeral because he'd asked us to.

Celebrate the life lived good philosophy. 

• Like 2

Something has to take us down in the end mate, never seen a fit and heathy oap drop dead from nothing. I’m sure it’s nothing to be worried about just chill and wait and see when you  go the doc.keeping a happy ( ish) mindset is the best thing to do if you can or you just get pissed off more.

• Like 1