Looking for a guesstimation

9 hours ago, jigsaw said:

What kind of miles per gallon would one expect from a truck like this would you reckon?..I've had a love affair with this type of machine for years,...I know totally impractical and I'm much too old to be looking sad and foolish in one of these ,lol....BUT SOME DAY IF I WIN THE LOTTO ..blah blah blah blah blah 

nice trucks bud.....i would imagine 20 ish if you were just posing around....it's not that heavy, single cab swb......if you drove it like you stole it probably 8 ish......lol

my wife's dodge ram 5.7 v8 crew cab did clock up 22 mpg on a run....but they go more on how many litres per 100 km's as a reading on fuel millage....

our motorhome was 38ft and had a 6.8 v10 which did around 10 ish but if you had some hills to climb it went down....it took £400 to fill it up.....lol

I've got an old truck with a single cab....7.3 v8 diesel which does around 24 ish which isn't a lot for a diesel....but it does sound good....lol and when your sitting in it and blip the throttle the whole truck rocks....lol

over here people don't seem to worry about mpg as we do in the uk....they buy a motor for a purpose whether it's got a big engine or not, for example...if they have a 38ft fifth wheel trailer that weighs 9-10-12 ton loaded they need a 3/4-1 ton truck with an 8 ft bed to tow it....so they buy a truck that will do the job, a big v8 engine or straight six without asking how many miles will they get to the gallon......plus fuel here is a lot cheaper than there but if the fuel prices was to shoot up maybe it would change the out look a bit, your average Toyota's Navarra's and Isuzu's just wouldn't hold up to the continuous weight......

• Like 4

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

here's a couple that caught my eye at a car show....lol

Hideous f****n things,older gents driving powerful classy cars is one thing but powerful " look at me " things like that just reek of desperation....and most of them are automatic i mean who wants to

here's a nice old 1941 Chevy and a mercury...

Posted Images

On 02/06/2023 at 16:16, Greyman said:

Don’t know if I’d want a be in a crash in that recon it might hurt ?

yeah....your probably right bud....there's no side impact bars, air bags or seat belts in that bugger....lol lol

On 02/06/2023 at 19:22, jigsaw said:

I know totally impractical and I'm much too old to be looking sad and foolish in one of these ,lol....

No way Jigsaw, just grow a long beard, get black sunglasses and a gangster hat, ZZ style ?. Cool truck.

• Haha 2
4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

No way Jigsaw, just grow a long beard, get black sunglasses and a gangster hat, ZZ style ?. Cool truck.

Reality check ,it won't ever happen,lol.i got the beard and glasses but the truck eludes me,....I might manage the hat though lol

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

have to be,one of these for me...you know?

That's nice ,Morris minor? Don't know if it would clear the grass up the middle of out country lanes though

Edited by jigsaw
  • Haha 1