Irish Coursing Under Pressure

If this goes ahead you need to get a strong collective together employ a human rights lawyer and take it to the European Union court of human rights, use there laws against them it can be done you have the advantages of seeing how doing nothing helped us,  

• Like 6

The Countryside Alliance is a sham as is BASC. There is no longer, IMO, any legislative protection for any fieldsports. The March didn’t fulfil our hopes by a long stretch. Jok.

• Like 3

The marches were, or should of been the start. Unfortunately they were the end. 

I agree ca are useless, but that's because ordinary people wouldn't join and help. We couldn't even get the union of countrysports workers to succeed by uniting keepers and hunt staff in a trade body for a tenner each. 

The reason countrysports is fcked is the same reason nationalism is fcked. Because the ordinary man would rather moan about how little other people are doing than make an effort himself 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Yet ritually slaughtering millions of six week old chickens kept in their own shit for their entire short life is?

No I actually disagree. I think countrysports are absolutely defendable. If only we could unite to do it. 

• Like 9

There are so many genuine examples of mass animal suffering, yet a poorly informed Irish politician focuses on hare coursing. Where does she obtain the figure of 6000 netted hares? Seems unlikely to me.  

Hares are in abundance wherever coursing takes place . As soon as you ban hare coursing  on an estate their numbers plummet because they no longer enjoy  estate protection from shooting and poaching. So how does banning hare coursing ensure their future conservation? She is a very misguided woman who would be better employed helping her constituents rather than attacking their rights.

• Like 9
On 31/05/2023 at 13:56, jok said:

The Countryside Alliance is a sham as is BASC. There is no longer, IMO, any legislative protection for any fieldsports. The March didn’t fulfil our hopes by a long stretch. Jok.

There only interested in shooters and feild trials proved that in Scotland  

• Like 1

But it is your human rights to be able to hunt just like Sam smiths right to identify as a fat spandex covered seal  and the only people that will uphold your human rights is the same mad court we all hate so as I’ve said turn it against them any individual one of you could take a case and if you win you could set a president for future cases, ??

• Like 5
On 31/05/2023 at 08:33, EDDIE B said:

WICKLOWNEWS.NET

Wicklow TD Jennifer Whitmore this week introduced her Protection of Hares Bill 2023...

Hare coursing , fieldsports , horse racing , greyhound racing , turf cutting , the rural way of life and Irish culture is all under attack .

• Like 4

And yet halah is ok ffs .Dictated to by outsiders ,chipped away at by snowflakes ,our voices never heard .

Your Basc ,CLA don’t give a f**k for the everyday dogman .As long as the gin and tonic flows they are happy to let our liberties drift away .

As much as I hate  to say it Greyman is right .Take it to the court of human rights .Get some backing from your countryman ffs .We were  blase’ about it here,thought it would never happen  and now we are f****d .Take that as the drive to sort it .

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Greyman said:

But it is your human rights to be able to hunt just like Sam smiths right to identify as a fat spandex covered seal  and the only people that will uphold your human rights is the same mad court we all hate so as I’ve said turn it against them any individual one of you could take a case and if you win you could set a president for future cases, ??

Think I mentioned before I saw on fieldsports britain that in america some where it has been made a right that people can hunt and fish so it basically can never be taken away from them. 

• Like 5

Just read on the news in Ireland to meet green targets they are going to cull 10% dairy herds so about 65000 cows a year culled for 3 years. Farmers are not overly impressed. Best not chase a hare though very cruel. Bet I know 195000 cows that would swap places with a bloody hare 

Edited by terryd
  • Like 3

Running a hare in Ireland with a lurcher has been banned for years ..

This new bill coming in is to stop the organised coursing meets which are done under license . Some of these coursing clubs have been known to threaten people attack people and smash cars up all for running a hare with a lurcher .

Why should/would the hunting man help them out really ...