Brliant bank Holiday..

5 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

I’d genuinely love to see some vids ray ! 

go on ….can just hear a few refrains lilting from the woodlands of midlands . 

The new album from Raymondo featuring 

“Down on the chase with Buck “ 

“Midnight in the midlands” 

“Woodys wanderings” 

“antlers on the wall” 

"Height, weight, size...baby I got it" 

• Haha 3

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate wasting time off work, drives me mad! So Sunday we had a fish off the Jet Ski, my brother, fin and me... family evening out... was perfect, flat calm, and warm until dark.. We headed

I had my best mate over for a mornings Bass fishing early sunday morning , were both lucky to be here and we both well know it so every second spent with him is treasured. We trolled Rapala lures and

Here Ray An old pic of us, this was the Fiddlers club in Totterdown, Bristol...Sony organised event for new bands, we won this round... we took 2 bus fulls of people from Exeter to the night...ma

Posted Images

I had my best mate over for a mornings Bass fishing early sunday morning , were both lucky to be here and we both well know it so every second spent with him is treasured. We trolled Rapala lures and caught a dozen between us  , a real perfect day indeed as the weather was great,the company first class and the fact we caught some fish put a cherry on top..

• Like 12
3 minutes ago, fireman said:

I had my best mate over for a mornings Bass fishing early sunday morning , were both lucky to be here and we both well know it so every second spent with him is treasured. We trolled Rapala lures and caught a dozen between us  , a real perfect day indeed as the weather was great,the company first class and the fact we caught some fish put a cherry on top..

NICE THAT fm 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Question is newkid 

Did you look good on the dance floor. ??

1 minute ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Question is newkid 

Did you look good on the dance floor. ??

Like a robot from 1984 , or from Devon , now 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, NEWKID said:

"Height, weight, size...baby I got it" 

haha  , be feckin long wait for   stiff ,    only one for  Buck   now  ( old)  . going back to your  guitar days  in bands  etc . the two  words come home to all the while, started early  on  meaning alot of people start say 10 year old etc, so  getting to mid 20s there abouts they have 20 years of playing, and the younger you start is better, = memory , reflexes  in fingers etc, and generally  they pick it quite quick . ive lessons once a week not cheep    either , the bloke who been teaching me, is in couple bands playing  20 years , he was at  Glastonbury last year , helping out on couple stages  setting  up electric equipment etc . Now i not daft i know at my age it aways going to up hill battle  learning these instruments  , there massive difference a man  70 learning  something than a kid, or teenager , young bloke .? like said ive done quite well on the uke, and as you know the uke only a small guitar fact.  regards guitar , if i can get to the same level by xmas , as i am with my uke, i be happy  tha be 10 months by then . the bloke who teaching said learning lyrics  is as hard learning to play, because unless you know the song inside / out   and playing them regular you forget   words, i singer  ok, if that all he doing but doing is quite skillful .But  your right  you got get your chords  easy/clean , get that sorted , then learn feckin words to the songs .But being honest mate , i only took this up 10 months age the uke, and now the guitar , just to fill bit of my time in the day, and it deff does that i do 1 1/2 hour every day, and fly by deff. now i dont work lurchers no more , Buck a old dog, so got bit more time on me hands , i am crap but  i like playing  mate . if you want drop me a pm about your playing days in bands  , i like read about it .  Ray

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, bird said:

haha  , be feckin long wait for   stiff ,    only one for  Buck   now  ( old)  . going back to your  guitar days  in bands  etc . the two  words come home to all the while, started early  on  meaning alot of people start say 10 year old etc, so  getting to mid 20s there abouts they have 20 years of playing, and the younger you start is better, = memory , reflexes  in fingers etc, and generally  they pick it quite quick . ive lessons once a week not cheep    either , the bloke who been teaching me, is in couple bands playing  20 years , he was at  Glastonbury last year , helping out on couple stages  setting  up electric equipment etc . Now i not daft i know at my age it aways going to up hill battle  learning these instruments  , there massive difference a man  70 learning  something than a kid, or teenager , young bloke .? like said ive done quite well on the uke, and as you know the uke only a small guitar fact.  regards guitar , if i can get to the same level by xmas , as i am with my uke, i be happy  tha be 10 months by then . the bloke who teaching said learning lyrics  is as hard learning to play, because unless you know the song inside / out   and playing them regular you forget   words, i singer  ok, if that all he doing but doing is quite skillful .But  your right  you got get your chords  easy/clean , get that sorted , then learn feckin words to the songs .But being honest mate , i only took this up 10 months age the uke, and now the guitar , just to fill bit of my time in the day, and it deff does that i do 1 1/2 hour every day, and fly by deff. now i dont work lurchers no more , Buck a old dog, so got bit more time on me hands , i am crap but  i like playing  mate . if you want drop me a pm about your playing days in bands  , i like read about it .  Ray

Keep at it Ray, its all about practice, sounds like you've got the bug and that's the main part... once you've got the chord shapes sorted you can concentrate on your rhythm hand. 

I picked up the guitar at 17 as I was in awe of my best mates uncle who played in a few bands, toured Germany back in the day... he was an amazing musician.. he taught me a few chords and id lay in bed with headphones on plugged into an amp and make horrible noises lol... he put a band together with me, I sang and played a bit my brother played bass, and his nephew played drums, we also had another of his nephews playing keyboard for a bit ..we needed a lead guitarist (im an average strummer).. so we called the band Some Other Bloke (SOB) as that's exactly what we needed...I met the "some other bloke" when I was messing with a buskers guitar up town, would sit and play with him pissed after pubs... this night a bloke walked past and said "can I have a go"...he was fuckung brilliant...I asked him if he was in a band, he said no...so we went on the piss and I played him a 2 track demo tape we had recorded of 2 songs id written...the next day he was in the band...we played for over 20 years in that set up... it was f***ing brilliant, played a few festivals, carling academy, got offered a deal when I was too old to play that game...but the times were amazing...I'm not a good guitarist, or singer...but I was an OK front man abd could write a song...Happy happy days! Lol

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, fireman said:

Brilliant Steve, sounds a top day mate...

• Thanks 1

See the teskey brothers the other day ,wow wow ,still smiling  ,what a band ,see the monkeys at the roundhouse, pretty good,these aussie boys are class ,whole car park were playing them or singing the last track ,magic, on way out 

• Like 2
50 minutes ago, bird said:

Here Ray

An old pic of us, this was the Fiddlers club in Totterdown, Bristol...Sony organised event for new bands, we won this round... we took 2 bus fulls of people from Exeter to the night...made some racket lol

Screenshot_20230530-205244_Gallery.jpg.e795a0f33b7cc2b68b61107571b904fe.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

See the teskey brothers the other day ,wow wow ,still smiling  ,what a band ,see the monkeys at the roundhouse, pretty good,these aussie boys are class ,whole car park were playing them or singing the last track ,magic, on way out 

Heard a lot about them, have to give it a listen...?

2 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Here Ray

An old pic of us, this was the Fiddlers club in Totterdown, Bristol...Sony organised event for new bands, we won this round... we took 2 bus fulls of people from Exeter to the night...made some racket lol

Screenshot_20230530-205244_Gallery.jpg.e795a0f33b7cc2b68b61107571b904fe.jpg

Great old pic, that you on lead, or singing. Do you miss it or still play,  you got acoustic, or still play electric, just mean having the odd strum for 1/2 at home. PS  thanks for the few tips regards playing,  yeh once drop on the chords clean/quick, I know it get easier to play the  acoustic guitar, OK the uke easier to play with 4 strings, my guitar 6 strings ,  and you are 100%right it's practice practice  deff, the bloke teaching me said, the more hours you put in the better you get, and yeh I deff bug for it, I love this ( tanglewood 6 string guitar) love playing it?