Why don’t people help each other

4 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Today I thought sod it, I’m having a 4 day weekend, now a 70 year old woman wanted her patio cleaning, was quoted £60, doesn’t have £60 but has a son and a neighbour capable of doing it for her, neither volunteered, so this morning I put the jet wash in the van, bought a gallon of the cheapest patio cleaner I could find and turned up and within an hour had it looking like new

home, had a shower and popped to the shop, on the way I seen 2 young lasses on the other side of the road with a flat tyre, one had the spare out, the other was holding the jack looking very confused, now a good 40 cars went past them and not one stopped, so I went down to the roundabout and back up to them, took me 2 minutes to put the spare on for them, I find it very hard to believe that nobody could of helped them in all them cars that had passed them

theres to many people about now that are only interested in what they can get for themselves and bugger everyone else, it boils my piss that people won’t help someone else just because they can and it’s a nice thing to do 

anyway, rant over 

Society is going down the pan, mate. 

I help a couple of neighbours out, now and again, myself, but yeah, I see what you've just said quite regularly.

Good on you ?

• Like 2

Much as i agree i do think part of it is down to a lack of trust i sent a couple of young lads i know to help an old boy out the other week and he threatened to phone the police ?...it took them 10 minutes to make him understand the whole mutual friend thing....similarly i stopped to help a young lady with car trouble not that long ago she politely told me to go away in a " you could be anyone " kind of way.....theres just no trust in communities anymore sadly.

• Like 13
51 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Nice one mate...

My good deed for today was helping an old lady of the bus

That’s all it takes mate, making someone’s life a little easier just because you can, good on you 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Much as i agree i do think part of it is down to a lack of trust i sent a couple of young lads i know to help an old boy out the other week and he threatened to phone the police ?...it took them 10 minutes to make him understand the whole mutual friend thing....similarly i stopped to help a young lady with car trouble not that long ago she politely told me to go away in a " you could be anyone " kind of way.....theres just no trust in communities anymore sadly.

If they don’t want the help then that’s fine but at least you took the time to ask unlike the 40 or so other tw*t that just drove past the lasses with the flat tyre

• Like 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

I put it down to constant news coverage of the bad things happening . When I was younger I used to hitch lifts home to my parents all the time . Was always 50/50 if I got a lift . My old boss said he used to hitch anywhere and everywhere and always getting lifts with his thumb out.  Then gradually people seen or heard stories of hitchhikers doing shit things and the lifts slowed down where as now i doubt anybody would pick anyone up 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I reckon if I was driving down the road and seen 2 women with the jack out I wouldn't think of stopping . I'd just assume they knew what they were doing and let them carry on 

They all wanted equality didn't they.....let em change their own fckin tire ?

• Haha 12

Coming back from Paignton the other day about two mile from town a guy was pushing an electric mountain bike with a flat tyre. So stoped asked if he wanted to chuck in the back and a lift to town, he said yes. Told me he had a pump and spare tube but wrong adapter. So put the seats down bike in the back took him to other side of town bit out of my way but I wasn't I a hurry. 

What goes round comes round imo.

Cheers Arry 

• Like 11
29 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

I reckon if I was driving down the road and seen 2 women with the jack out I wouldn't think of stopping . I'd just assume they knew what they were doing and let them carry on 

The hair extensions and sun bed tan told me they didn’t have a clue, it doesn’t matter to me who it is I’ll always ask if they need a hand, if they don’t that’s fine, if they do, that’s also fine 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Stavross said:

Today I thought sod it, I’m having a 4 day weekend, now a 70 year old woman wanted her patio cleaning, was quoted £60, doesn’t have £60 but has a son and a neighbour capable of doing it for her, neither volunteered, so this morning I put the jet wash in the van, bought a gallon of the cheapest patio cleaner I could find and turned up and within an hour had it looking like new

home, had a shower and popped to the shop, on the way I seen 2 young lasses on the other side of the road with a flat tyre, one had the spare out, the other was holding the jack looking very confused, now a good 40 cars went past them and not one stopped, so I went down to the roundabout and back up to them, took me 2 minutes to put the spare on for them, I find it very hard to believe that nobody could of helped them in all them cars that had passed them

theres to many people about now that are only interested in what they can get for themselves and bugger everyone else, it boils my piss that people won’t help someone else just because they can and it’s a nice thing to do 

anyway, rant over 

It’s nice to do things for people , but 99% of the time , people are f***ing so ignorant , you rarely get a thank you . 

similar to you , we once stopped on a country road to change a tyre for what we thought was a middle aged woman alone , on a wet day . After ten mins we had her good to go , she sat in the car , on the phone , and barely acknowledged us with a wave afterwards . It was I love you when we walked past we seen her what assumed son sat in the passenger seat . 

Non starters 

On a really wet evening, I stopped on a country road to help a woman driver with a flat. I asked her if she was OK and she appeared frozen in fear. Never said a word, just shook her head. I drove on sharpish. 

At first I was angry but then  I thought, something must have happened to her in the past to make her react like that.

You darent go anywhere  near a  child for fear of somebody getting hold of the wrong  end of the stick. A couple of year back me and the Mrs  were taking a stroll in a park, a toddler was running way ahead of her parents and then fell heavily on the tarmac path. I went to pick her up and then thought better of it and left it to the Mrs.

Men are all seen as f****n predators these days, because of the actions of scum.

6 hours ago, Stavross said:

anyway, rant over 

Ah well last year I was driving along when I seen a bird trying 2 push her own car so I got out she'd run out of fuel.so I bezzed down wi a can what she had in her boot got some bought it back then she got a makeshift funnel out and expertly poured the petrol.thru this contraption like shed done it times all the while telling me its a good job I showed up cos her autistic daughter who was in the back was about 2 have a melt down tbh she looked calm as feck anyroad turned out she done the same thing all the time and was a smack head and no I didn't even finger it 

• Haha 2