43 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Sad that mate , my lad had also just received a diagnosis for autism . Is what he is and nothing we can do , I wouldn’t change him for the world regardless . 

What I was meaning was more the fact that people , and I use this term lightly, unaffected by a disorder , do not have the mental resilience or ability to push through anymore with attrition . It’s easy to just wrap , jack , pull up , as there is no pride in achieving anything . 

this is no better symbolised by the masses upon masses of young people medicated , early twenties types who’ve had their head melted with ching and delusions of grandeur from social media. 
Can’t manage a full week in work as “they’re not in the right head space “ but never seems to affect them on a night time or a weekend . 

dossers 

No I wasn't digging at you far from it buddy I get were your coming from I really do and your 100 per cent right there dossers your lad  is special as is mine but I bet he's mentally stronger than most especially given his daily struggles that most won't see 

• Like 5

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It can be difficult to watch someone having a genuine panic attack ,you feel helpless watching a grown man sobbing and wailing ,I remember Tomo getting to Greggs just as the 'sold out ' sign went up .

I think there is clearly a lot of misunderstanding of the problem here probably clouded by those people that just jump on a band wagon and claim to have them undiagnosed my misses has genuine panic at

Witnessed the very same within my closesr family... spent strange times walking all hours of the night/morning just to "get out of the house"... to see proper anxiety/depression etc first hand and rea

Posted Images

I think there is clearly a lot of misunderstanding of the problem here probably clouded by those people that just jump on a band wagon and claim to have them undiagnosed my misses has genuine panic attacks usually brought on in the car, many years ago she took part in a 6 month trial at the bri, she was put forward for it by her doctor because he said she was as bad a case as he had seen, now I would suggest that it is caused by a chemical imbalance in the brain because the misses would be given something when she went there that would trigger the attacks so they could study her, sadly  after the 6 months she was no better than before the trial started but we have just learned to deal with it and avoid the motorway when she’s onboard, I can also now see when one is coming on and take evasive actions, but for anyone that thinks it’s not real I can assure you your wrong, because I have had to hold onto her while driving down the  motorway at 70 with her trying to jump out the door, when I’ve calmed her down and asked her how bouncing down the tarmac at 70 is any better than being in the van she says I don’t know but I just have to get away at any cost, I think the trigger for it was loosing her brother in a crash as a teenager but hey who knows that’s my experience of it very real 

• Like 15
45 minutes ago, tatsblisters said:

A lot of it brought on by drink and drugs. It does seem more common these day's and i often wonder if a lot of cases is down to cocaine use.

In some ways yes. A mate of mine has horrendous anxiety when he's been drinking, I mean not sleeping and can't work at all. This is a bloke who employs 30 lads and runs a big company so he's not some dole dosser making excuses.

I've been through 2 really bad periods in my Life. One 15 years ago when I split up with an ex. She was a dickhead and the relationship had run its course so I wasn't heartbroken or anything... I just weirdly slipped into a period of depression that lasted about 4 months. The other was last winter when the wife was ill and I was a full time carer, ran a business and looked after my lads. I held it together but only just and the anxiety had me at breaking point. 

I guess I agree that some peoples cases are self brought on by drink and drugs, some is symptomatic of modern day soft man and excuse orientated society.....but the brain is a complicated the and often it just happens without you realising it's creeping up on you 

• Like 7
30 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

In some ways yes. A mate of mine has horrendous anxiety when he's been drinking, I mean not sleeping and can't work at all. This is a bloke who employs 30 lads and runs a big company so he's not some dole dosser making excuses.

I've been through 2 really bad periods in my Life. One 15 years ago when I split up with an ex. She was a dickhead and the relationship had run its course so I wasn't heartbroken or anything... I just weirdly slipped into a period of depression that lasted about 4 months. The other was last winter when the wife was ill and I was a full time carer, ran a business and looked after my lads. I held it together but only just and the anxiety had me at breaking point. 

I guess I agree that some peoples cases are self brought on by drink and drugs, some is symptomatic of modern day soft man and excuse orientated society.....but the brain is a complicated the and often it just happens without you realising it's creeping up on you 

Totally agree mate. I have myself had grief in the past with the loss of a child and you are right things do creep up on you unexpectedly though I must admit since I stopped drinking things don't seem to get me down as much. The only time I feel anxious just for a brief moment is when a loud bang behind me happens and I put that down to a shooting incident nearly 40 years ago. 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Francie, said:

Why do you think people put brown bags over there mouth when there panicking or hyperventalating?

When we breathe out we expel CO2, which is an acid, if we breathe out to much, by hyperventilating, we become slightly  more alkaline which can make us feel  unwell.  We control our acid base balance by breathing to a major degree, so when we puff after running we are breathing out CO2 to counteract the raised lactic acid in our bodies more than breathing in O2. When people  hyperventilate they don't have a overly raised acid base to counteract so they upset the balance. 

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 5
2 hours ago, sandymere said:

When we breathe out we expel CO2, which is an acid, if we breathe out to much, by hyperventilating, we become slightly  more alkaline which can make us feel  unwell.  We control our acid base balance by breathing to a major degree, so when we puff after running we are breathing out CO2 to counteract the raised lactic acid in our bodies more than breathing in O2. When people  hyperventilate they don't have a overly raised acid base to they upset the balance. 

Yep,more or less c02 helps us breath better,the right ratio for oxegyn

12 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

It’s a silent endemic mate . 

well only ever had 1 in my 70 years on this earth, was in think  1973 in Spain , me and my younger brother  were out on this peddle boats things in the seas, was about 1/2 mile out. we started to take turns diving from these boats things, anyway i not bad diver , my turn i ive dived in  but hit my chest as went in with sway of the boat, cut me chest , yeh  blood in water . well at the time Jaws had just come out lol, well as i was swimming back  to boat, he shouted shark , fook me there was shit and blood in water now haha  , i turned round and looked it was coming right at me, though i wont get up on boat quick enough . if on land at least you can try to run , get up tree, or fight , i prob go for last if i had to.   it  swam around me   came  in right by , it was dolphin   thank fook for that lol, it came by me foot for about 1 min   then swam off.  yeh in the sea  i always feel vulnerable  even though when younger  and fit, ok in water not bad at diving ,  but sharks would give me panic attack deff . 

• Haha 9
1 hour ago, bird said:

well only ever had 1 in my 70 years on this earth, was in think  1973 in Spain , me and my younger brother  were out on this peddle boats things in the seas, was about 1/2 mile out. we started to take turns diving from these boats things, anyway i not bad diver , my turn i ive dived in  but hit my chest as went in with sway of the boat, cut me chest , yeh  blood in water . well at the time Jaws had just come out lol, well as i was swimming back  to boat, he shouted shark , fook me there was shit and blood in water now haha  , i turned round and looked it was coming right at me, though i wont get up on boat quick enough . if on land at least you can try to run , get up tree, or fight , i prob go for last if i had to.   it  swam around me   came  in right by , it was dolphin   thank fook for that lol, it came by me foot for about 1 min   then swam off.  yeh in the sea  i always feel vulnerable  even though when younger  and fit, ok in water not bad at diving ,  but sharks would give me panic attack deff . 

That's f***ing brilliant...love that story..I bet your brother was pissing  himself laughing....

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Totally agree mate. I have myself had grief in the past with the loss of a child and you are right things do creep up on you unexpectedly though I must admit since I stopped drinking things don't seem to get me down as much. The only time I feel anxious just for a brief moment is when a loud bang behind me happens and I put that down to a shooting incident nearly 40 years ago. 

Can't imagine loosing a child mate. 

Yeah cutting drink from your life is one of the best things you can do.... People genuinely don't realise how much it affects your life, even if you don't have things to deal with. Takes a couple of months of sobriety to realise how much it was affecting you 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, sandymere said:

When we breathe out we expel CO2, which is an acid, if we breathe out to much, by hyperventilating, we become slightly  more alkaline which can make us feel  unwell.  We control our acid base balance by breathing to a major degree, so when we puff after running we are breathing out CO2 to counteract the raised lactic acid in our bodies more than breathing in O2. When people  hyperventilate they don't have a overly raised acid base to counteract so they upset the balance. 

Didn't realise the science behind it ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

That's f***ing brilliant...love that story..I bet your brother was pissing  himself laughing....

He was Tomo, don't knew if new it was dolphin, but didn't fookin tell me at 1st lol