She was “ Simply The Best”

25 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Sad that...proper star, lived a life for sure..

RIP 

I remember watching a film about her life he was a nasty fecker that first husband she had she seemed a down to earth sort in interviews ect 

• Like 2
Just now, Blackmag said:

I remember watching a film about her life he was a nasty fecker that first husband she had she seemed a down to earth sort in interviews ect 

Ike Turner...like you say a nasty b*****d, tried to milk her for all she was worth whilst beating her...strong woman to come out of it and remain a super star

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Ike Turner...like you say a nasty b*****d, tried to milk her for all she was worth whilst beating her...strong woman to come out of it and remain a super star

Yeah I don't think she shred a tear when he croaked his life spiralled in to drugs ect when she left and he lost his wage earner if I remember right he was brutal even if she sung a note wrong all ways drugged up when the money starting coming in 

Aretha Franklin,Etta James, Billie Holliday, Ella Fitzgerald and Tina Turner all suffered tough abusive relationships. I compare it to the best black boxers. You've got to be special to rise from the gutter like they did. You can hear the pain they've suffered in their voices. Makes them powerful performers.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 2

Never normally comment on rip threads but genuinely a bit gutted to be honest . 

her music was always part of my growing up , wether it be simply the best for Eubanks entrances (or scenes in the office , or those hun b*****ds from Glasgow )

fair play to the girl , came from f**k all to living in a 300 million mansion with her ability to sing and endure . 

Now when Cher dies , that will be a day of mourning ! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Never normally comment on rip threads but genuinely a bit gutted to be honest . 

her music was always part of my growing up , wether it be simply the best for Eubanks entrances (or scenes in the office , or those hun b*****ds from Glasgow )

fair play to the girl , came from f**k all to living in a 300 million mansion with her ability to sing and endure . 

Now when Cher dies , that will be a day of mourning ! 

She’s Tina turner and you’ve been the best