Thos who travel abroad

Hay for y'all who travel abroad alot what do y'all do as far as phone plans and the like ? I know when I went to Kuwait I just cut off my phone and bought one of those little Sapphire wifi pucks  and we used Whatsapp and Voxer but that's about all the experience I got. So what do y'all do ?

1 minute ago, Wolfdog91 said:

Hay for y'all who travel abroad alot what do y'all do as far as phone plans and the like ? I know when I went to Kuwait I just cut off my phone and bought one of those little Sapphire wifi pucks  and we used Whatsapp and Voxer but that's about all the experience I got. So what do y'all do ?

Local SIM,PAYG from Walmart in the states.

19 minutes ago, mackem said:

Worst place I had to get a local SIM was Nepal,they wanted to take your fingerprints and asked for a passport photo to file.

You've been to Nepal then?

What do you think of it mackem iv been a few times like it there especially pochara n trekking in the mountains great scenery n mostly nice people I got tired of Dahl baht tho lol

8 minutes ago, dodger said:

What do you think of it mackem iv been a few times like it there especially pochara n trekking in the mountains great scenery n mostly nice people I got tired of Dahl baht tho lol

It's OK mate, was better 30 years ago when they didn't charge $500 for a mustang permit, been a few times, and every country the himalayas touch, best is Bhutan, blows the rest out of the water. 

IMG_20230523_181921.jpg

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

It's OK mate, was better 30 years ago when they didn't charge $500 for a mustang permit, been a few times, and every country the himalayas touch, best is Bhutan, blows the rest out of the water. 

IMG_20230523_181921.jpg

You've been about mate

Bhutan iv never been who knows maybe one day, correct me if I'm wrong has it only opened its doors to visitors recentlyish and expensive?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

I only take a phone to take pictures and listen to tunes....that's why it's called a 'holiday'... peace and quiet from every cnut? ?

Amen to that Daniel 

4 minutes ago, dodger said:

You've been about mate

Bhutan iv never been who knows maybe one day, correct me if I'm wrong has it only opened its doors to visitors recentlyish and expensive?

It's around $400 a day to visit, keeping itself exclusive, the capital city is incredible, the national sport is archery, I shall return. 

IMG_20230523_183113.jpg

8 minutes ago, mackem said:

It's around $400 a day to visit, keeping itself exclusive, the capital city is incredible, the national sport is archery, I shall return. 

IMG_20230523_183113.jpg

Crackin pic don't think I'll get chance to go at those prices tho not these days anyway?

• Sad 1
Just now, dodger said:

Crackin pic don't think I'll get chance to go at those prices tho not these days anyway?

Worth it, better than Nepal, they used to allow 2000 tourists in a year, scrict quota, pristine and clean,prayer flags flying everywhere like in the water margin.