3 minutes ago, Deker said:

Back in the early 1980's I actually spent 3 days working side by side with him, never picked up an inkling.

He actually seemed a decent, witty, chatty bloke, seems I got that a bit wrong!!!!

That's the thing...I think most of us that were kids in the 70,s...80,s..liked him...I remember watching his program as a kid...thought it a great show...

4 hours ago, Deker said:

Back in the early 1980's I actually spent 3 days working side by side with him, never picked up an inkling.

He actually seemed a decent, witty, chatty bloke, seems I got that a bit wrong!!!!

Did you get to blow his Didgeridoo mate :snack:

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

I doubt no tears will be shed for the nonce and rightly so those of us of a certain age will remember him from the past as he never seemed to be off the television at one bit.

true mate, even though  he was nonce , and  pity he didnt die sooner true , but going back to his tv programs , i did like his painting  he did, .!

4 hours ago, Deker said:

He might have been fixing to tie you down and cornhole you 

4 hours ago, bird said:

true mate, even though  he was nonce , and  pity he didnt die sooner true , but going back to his tv programs , i did like his painting  he did, .!

Can you see what it is now lol 

• Haha 1

Back in the 80s my next door neighbour of the time shared some free tickets she had been given to see Rolf Harris's kids' show at our local theatre .

We ended  up very near the front and to be honest it was a very good show all the children in the audience ,including my daughter, loved it .

One thing that struck me was that some of Rolf's jokes were carefully edited versions of stuff he probably used at adults-only performances .

Of course the kids didn't  realise but some of the parents in the audience did. In fact after one innocent sounding but potentially near the knuckle joke he actually caught my eye and gave a knowing wink .

Talking to my daughter , who's now in her 40s  , about it yesterday she remembers having a really good time and gleefully queuing for Harris's autograph at the end . As he signed he apparently said he had noticed her in the audience because she was such a pretty little thing! 

In hindsight!!!!!?

• Like 1