Hopefully helps

I was expecting a litter off pups this Sunday coming.  Other than her turning fussy with food  (which she has always been) was a relatively good pregnancy until last Monday.

I came home to some swelling around her back end, I didn't think much and by Tuesday morning this had gone to her ankles and her feet. Straight to the vet for some insight, he was concerned and thought a calcium deficiency.  Topped up on calcium foods and it kept getting worse ocer the next 2 days. Called another vet for a 2nd opinion who told me stop the calcium as this can bring on eclampsia. Other than the swelling she was OK. The 2nd vet said bring her down we will do her numbers and if low enough a  c - section might be best. Went down the next day numbers where too high so back the following and had the section done that affernoon 

The vet then went onto speak about lymphoma as he didn't realise just how bad her swelling was.

48 hr complete rest with no movement. Was ordered. Stress levels where at an all time high but the following day the fluid was gone completely disappeared. We are still only 48 hrs past so very early days. Moral of this is this was so rare apparently just to let others know we got lucky but to act quickly 

IMG-20230518-WA0032.jpeg

20230519_170731.jpg

20230521_100146.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

thats them 6 days and mum is doing  well. Lets hope the sunshine stays like this in 3 week's when the madness starts 

I was expecting a litter off pups this Sunday coming.  Other than her turning fussy with food  (which she has always been) was a relatively good pregnancy until last Monday.   I came home to

Lymphodema which is a blockage of the lymphatic system, in pregnancy the pressure of the pups etc was constricting the lymphatic system. Basically  lymphatic fluid drains into the legs but can't get o

Posted Images

Yeah,my greyhound bitch was same,the last 2 weeks her back legs were like balloons,I stood her in iced water(a tip from my greyhound keeper mate) and it brought them right down,once the pups were born ,she was fine,what X did you breed out of interest?

• Like 1

Lymphodema which is a blockage of the lymphatic system, in pregnancy the pressure of the pups etc was constricting the lymphatic system. Basically  lymphatic fluid drains into the legs but can't get out again due to the constriction. Once pups etc out the lymphatic fluid starts to circulate as normal. 

Ps lymphoma is a blood cancer, the names sound similar ?

Edited by sandymere
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

Yeah,my greyhound bitch was same,the last 2 weeks her back legs were like balloons,I stood her in iced water(a tip from my greyhound keeper mate) and it brought them right down,once the pups were born ,she was fine,what X did you breed out of interest?

She's more or less coursing dog to my old lamping bitch she was saluki whippet grey x colie whippet .

Mia the bitch above is a real fast bitch , I put a saluki grey over her. Hopefully have 1 or 2 sport dogs in the mix 

• Like 2
On 22/05/2023 at 17:24, johnrussell84 said:

She's more or less coursing dog to my old lamping bitch she was saluki whippet grey x colie whippet .

Mia the bitch above is a real fast bitch , I put a saluki grey over her. Hopefully have 1 or 2 sport dogs in the mix 

Can't beat a sport dog ? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Can't beat a sport dog ? 

They do me mate , they don't need to catch everything they run,  I just like to  know they have the speed to be able to get to everything. If we caught everything there would be nothing left lol but we sport dog makes it all the fun trying 

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Who's your vet buddy 

It's one local to me maye , ended up going to jne 40 mins away for the section. My old vet of 20 years has retired. Never knew how lucky I had it with him. He knew I ran them and was great to have at the other end off the phone