Bit of culling

Got the invite from a mate in Oxford to cull a few muntjac with the .223  .High seat to make a change .Soon as was in mine a doe crossed a ride to my left and stood briefly .Long enough for a shot anyway and number one was in the bag .

IMG_0347.jpeg.0d35188a88c94fd88d5e317f2f0c57c1.jpeg
Gralloched straight away as it was a tad warm .Just in tge seat when along trots a fox cub ,still unsteady on its feet .Sniffs tge gralloch and carries on .Probs a vegan ,you never can tell these days .

As the light faded I had 3 munties round the seat .Two bucks and a mature doe .I was going to take the doe as per instruction but the younger buck presented first and straight after the old ,freshly cast buck stepped into a clearing .The light wasn’t that good now but the hawke scope did it’s thing and I bagged the doe as she froze beneath a holly bush .

Decent bag tbh .Muntie steaks all round and food enough for scavengers for couple days .

IMG_0353.jpeg.ca719972d2a3816b067326d506747f6d.jpeg

All head shot .

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

Cant read this article but basically it's not a free for all , the law changes are only for contractors not just anyone culling deer.

Thermal and nv will be allowed to cull deer if you are on the fit and competent register and the season to cull Male deer will be scrapped allowing them to be shot all year. 

The Scottish Government want an extra 50000 deer a year shot so will need a lot more contractors. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Cant read this article but basically it's not a free for all , the law changes are only for contractors not just anyone culling deer.

Thermal and nv will be allowed to cull deer if you are on the fit and competent register and the season to cull Male deer will be scrapped allowing them to be shot all year. 

The Scottish Government want an extra 50000 deer a year shot so will need a lot more contractors. 

If you fancy applying mate ,I’ll come with you ????