Got these bricks from the front door step of the huntsman's house at quite an old hunt kennels. Just the thought of the famous huntsmen than have walked over them made me pull em out of a skip. 

Wish I hadn't seen your brick collection.....Im going to have to start a brick collection now. Fck fck fck  

PXL_20230514_132225580.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

them bricks are real interesting Dai,Ive found a few myself when ground working over the yrs and some nice glass bottles ...next Thursday I will be going down a tunnel from blaencwm to aderdare....they plan on opening it back up as a tourist attraction,I will get some pictures as it's impressive,2 teams started either end...100 men each side on 2 shifts working 24 hrs a day...when they met in the middle...less than 40mm out...some f***ing feat?

• Like 9
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

them bricks are real interesting Dai,Ive found a few myself when ground working over the yrs and some nice glass bottles ...next Thursday I will be going down a tunnel from blaencwm to aderdare....they plan on opening it back up as a tourist attraction,I will get some pictures as it's impressive,2 teams started either end...100 men each side on 2 shifts working 24 hrs a day...when they met in the middle...less than 40mm out...some f***ing feat?

That sounds interesting mate I might pop up and have a look it’s not far from me if you come across a Merthyr brick keep hold of it very rare to find 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

Is that paid work or voluntary?

1 minute ago, jukel123 said:

Is that paid work or voluntary?

it's maintained by a group of old boys,who have funding from the Welsh government,they are looking to make it into a tourist attraction with a visitor centre etc, every month they have been taking  government officials etc down there,we are building houses right next to it,got friendly with them because we will be doing the access roads etc when it finally kicks off...part of the  regeneration of the old South Wales Valleys ...me and the lads I work for have been down there on a few occasions ?

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

582C6F52-10F1-49D4-ACE8-765C29755AE8.jpeg

• Like 2