5 locked up

Five arrests after men found with dog attacking badger ?

Five men are in custody after vigilant residents called us about suspected poachers in Hambleton overnight.

At about 1am this morning we received a call about a 4x4 vehicle in a field and a high-powered torch being used near Kilburn.

Our officers responded immediately, and found a group of five men on the side of the road with two dogs, one of which was attacking a badger.

As soon as we arrived, the men got into a black Jeep Cherokee and made off at speed, abandoning the dogs as they did so.

Officers searched the area, and soon located the car off the A170 near Felixkirk. The five men inside were arrested on suspicion of wilfully killing a badger, an offence under the Protection of Badgers Act 1992.

The two dogs were taken to a secure location to be looked after, and the Jeep was also seized. A dead badger was found at the scene.

The five suspects, who are from the Stockton-in-Tees area, remain in custody at this time while our enquiries continue.

• Sad 1

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not defending them in any way but i wish the police would be that keen on sorting out the car thieves and house burglaries that's shot up in areas around me rather than put all the time and energy int

I just put it up in the general section,...I'll remove it shortly ,..this might not sit well with many but I can't see the point in this kind of behaviour,...it was never part of lurcher work in the p

spot on, they know that dog men are a easy target , thats why mate , they aint got the balls  to tackle proper crime, same as when it kick off with the macho piss heads on Friday / sat night  , they m

I just put it up in the general section,...I'll remove it shortly ,..this might not sit well with many but I can't see the point in this kind of behaviour,...it was never part of lurcher work in the past but on FB in the past fellas publicly announcing their "PIG" adventures....I know them stripeys are more abundant than rabbits in some areas but to me it's senseless letting a dog hack them about,and get put out of action for a week or more,....it's not something I would ever participate in myself TBH 

• Like 11
52 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

been on the radio today 

As we all know there's always been divvys in the game but I don't know what's happened the last few years its rife with them now..

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jigsaw said:

I just put it up in the general section,...I'll remove it shortly ,..this might not sit well with many but I can't see the point in this kind of behaviour,...it was never part of lurcher work in the past but on FB in the past fellas publicly announcing their "PIG" adventures....I know them stripeys are more abundant than rabbits in some areas but to me it's senseless letting a dog hack them about,and get put out of action for a week or more,....it's not something I would ever participate in myself TBH 

The thing is with most lurchers including a lot of bull xs today it's baiting they have more chance of stopping them as I have as of dropping Tyson  fury and all it does is add fuel to the antis argument and who really runs gear this time of year even if your dog was able 

• Like 3
57 minutes ago, Deerhunter1 said:

No sympathy for them to be honest badger could have young this time of year deserve all they get

Hope you go onto the shooting page and cnut off all them fox shooters out this time of year as well as they all got litters down as well,but jigsaw didn't you used to trial dogs against old brock?,you know where they dragged a bagged badger from a wooden tunnel time and time again to see if there dogs would make a sound when brock got hold of them.. Some fecking rightous folks on here at times...

• Like 8
1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

No sympathy for them to be honest badger could have young this time of year deserve all they get

Bit of a strong thing to say ive seen leverets in december and january certain fawns at the same time and cubs in the very late winter months no one goes out to do it obviously but any sort of hunting especially with dogs accidents will happen. late summer when them pigs get hungry youll find them in strange places even in the daylight.

Edited by C.green
  • Like 2
15 minutes ago, fireman said:

Hope you go onto the shooting page and cnut off all them fox shooters out this time of year as well as they all got litters down as well,but jigsaw didn't you used to trial dogs against old brock?,you know where they dragged a bagged badger from a wooden tunnel time and time again to see if there dogs would make a sound when brock got hold of them.. Some fecking rightous folks on here at times...

No I didn't,I never ran a heavy dog at a trials,I attended a few but never participated,...sorry to flatten your argument,....baiting a badger is not part of my lurcher program either

• Like 3
1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

No I didn't,I never ran a heavy dog at a trials,I attended a few but never participated,...sorry to flatten your argument,....baiting a badger is not part of my lurcher program either

My mistake then,you just stood with the crowd and watched rather than had a dog involved (just like 4 of those lads did :thumbs:). But baiting is where you fight two animals not where a lurcher catches one and to use the words baiting when describing it is daft as not everyone of here with a lurcher that hunted bigger quarry from foxes,goats to red deer went out baiting,they just hunted gear that there dogs needed a hand in killing it...I'm not defending them lads but i sure as shit ain't chucking them under a bus either as i wasn't there to say what they were doing but there's some words being written by folks who may morally have no ground to preach from....

• Like 4
46 minutes ago, fireman said:

Shooting men are worst of the lot

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
48 minutes ago, C.green said:

Bit of a strong thing to say ive seen leverets in december and january certain fawns at the same time and cubs in the very late winter months no one goes out to do it obviously but any sort of hunting especially with dogs accidents will happen. late summer when them pigs get hungry youll find them in strange places even in the daylight.

Big difference going out in winter when you get the odd freak early birth & knowingly hunting heavily pregnant quarry or stuff with dependant young at this time of year. Its wrong in my eyes & I wouldn’t be defending them if courts threw the book at them

Edited by Deerhunter1
7 minutes ago, fireman said:

My mistake then,you just stood with the crowd and watched rather than had a dog involved (just like 4 of those lads did :thumbs:). But baiting is where you fight two animals not where a lurcher catches one and to use the words baiting when describing it is daft as not everyone of here with a lurcher that hunted bigger quarry from foxes,goats to red deer went out baiting,they just hunted gear that there dogs needed a hand in killing it...I'm not defending them lads but i sure as shit ain't chucking them under a bus either as i wasn't there to say what they were doing but there's some words being written by folks who may morally have no ground to preach from....

Yeah,lump us all in together,that's how the non hunting folk see it too,and never a badger was killed to my recollection in a trials,and all were returned to where they came from when finished so ,...