That is a nice rifle with a good reputation, you shouldn't go far wrong with that Jason, I am well pleased for you mate. 

15 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

What's it like having a real rifle

100 times better than that bloody 110 

???????

I will have another 110 compact our Jimmy simply because I loved my two and no faults found but I do accept they have had problems although mine were fine, my buddy has two which are fine, his son has one which is fine and another pal has two which are fine.....................................................I only know I like the hw110 compact for lightness and they were spot on accurate but if the pension would allow, it would be another Wildcat in sub 12..........................fcuking pension and tax ?

Phil

• Like 1
6 hours ago, philpot said:

Just as a matter of interest Jason, is it the calibre you didn't get on with and if so in what way didn't you get on with it or was it the gun that was a problem.

Phil

I just missed the stopping power of the .22, many of rabbits hit in the kill zone and still ran off.

First rabbit with it so far and stopped it in its tracks, was hoping it would flop a bit so I could retrieve it easier as as soon as I walked towards it I just sunk up to my knees in a muck pile

20230511_201313.jpg

3 hours ago, JayB0 said:

I just missed the stopping power of the .22, many of rabbits hit in the kill zone and still ran off.

First rabbit with it so far and stopped it in its tracks, was hoping it would flop a bit so I could retrieve it easier as as soon as I walked towards it I just sunk up to my knees in a muck pile

20230511_201313.jpg

You hit the rabbit in the right place with .177 , .20 , .22 or .25 with sub 12 it will be dead. Rabbits don’t run off because it’s been shot with .177 !!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, villaman said:

You hit the rabbit in the right place with .177 , .20 , .22 or .25 with sub 12 it will be dead. Rabbits don’t run off because it’s been shot with .177 !!

Sorry I should have explained better bud, I ment as in running away before dropping dead and when picked up and checked still hit in the right place, just I dont seem to have that problem with .22

6 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I wouldn't use anything other than 1.77 these days in sub 12ft.

Same shoot rabbits from 25-60 yards with .177 and drop straight way stone  dead . Definitely don’t run then drop .

like I said shot placement doesn’t matter what cal 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, villaman said:

Same shoot rabbits from 25-60 yards with .177 and drop straight way stone  dead . Definitely don’t run then drop .

like I said shot placement doesn’t matter what cal 

I've seen the exact same thing with Jimmy and his Verminator, and we have to go get it 15 yards from where it was shot check it all over and still in the kill zone

• Like 1