• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

People on the meateater podcast have been raving about it . You hold your phone out with the app open and recording and it will tell you every bird noise around you and identify each bird . If theirs

Had a good haul today 14 different species I went over to this place in the link below I would normally walk for miles over there but serious thunderstorms this was just hanging the app out of the car

We are currently working on a very old property ,flag stone courtyard and ashlar walls .The owner said he had a few house martins arrive and so I suggested putting down a bag of top soil suitably damp

Posted Images

23 hours ago, Bakerboy said:

No mate, just off Green lane before Severn beach

The hole place is a nature reserve mate done most of my early days lamping etc down there growing up the ici and all along the foreshore road was just lifting with hares back then, my misses used to live just down from the pub on the traffic lights with the river and old rifle range behind her house, it saddens me quite a bit travelling along there now seeing it all being flattened for warehouses when we had so many good memory’s down there ???

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Greyman said:

The hole place is a nature reserve mate done most of my early days lamping etc down there growing up the ici and all along the foreshore road was just lifting with hares back then, my misses used to live just down from the pub on the traffic lights with the river and old rifle range behind her house, it saddens me quite a bit travelling along there now seeing it all being flattened for warehouses when we had so many good memory’s down there ???

I'm having a scout about a couple of farms we have access to for the next few weeks

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

I'm having a scout about a couple of farms we have access to for the next few weeks

You are literally 2/3 miles from my house mate still a few hares around down there and an abundance of deer the tail photo was taken just along the foreshore from you the vulture is clearly close to you and the badger was found behind the King Billy so keep your eyes peeled 

035831E2-90B6-4785-971A-48BE1F6BDF05.jpeg

F4BC17FE-A78D-4A89-ACA4-F0A8682AE27C.jpeg

C2EAA87B-D85E-4F27-9D25-A195334D6884.jpeg

4FAC8A70-405B-4693-93BA-40C4D66D9019.jpeg

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, bell said:

:hmm:

IMG_0375.png

Perhaps I’m wrong then mate and it’s just a non binary chaffinch .I’ve a pic on the phone off my lumix camera but enlarging it just makes it shite .It was with a few sparrows and Starlings .

I’ll try resize it to suit our discerning birders lol.

Lol Might have gone too far resizing it .Looks ok  in edit though .

IMG_3787.jpeg

• Like 1
On 03/06/2023 at 07:30, Greyman said:

Greater white throat, greater spotted woodpecker and another kingfisher last evening, went back to the wood my daughter got the long eared owl but no luck, other daughter is on here way to puffin island as we speak think she may pick up a few trump cards there, gotta fit a new gearbox for the lad this morning so may do a foreshore sweep later see what waders we can get ??

Is it a known long reared owl roost Paul .

So detoured round to some farmland 

not to sure on the quail ?? 
only thing I feel is I’m going to be more inclined to keep looking at my phone instead of what’s around me ??

I just looked up from it to see a fox carrying something dart across the track if I hadn’t been looking at the quail symbol I might of actually been closer to it when it crossed .

IMG_1047.png

IMG_1048.png

IMG_1050.jpeg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Perhaps I’m wrong then mate and it’s just a non binary chaffinch .I’ve a pic on the phone off my lumix camera but enlarging it just makes it shite .It was with a few sparrows and Starlings .

I’ll try resize it to suit our discerning birders lol.

Lol Might have gone too far resizing it .Looks ok  in edit though .

IMG_3787.jpeg

Nice one mate, stick the pic up of it with the starlings and sparrows mate….house or tree by the way …:thumbs: