• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Few pics of this year's birds , the first round are flying well now 

I keep racers and race them. White racers, coloureds and normal 

Kids had a winner at a small country show yesterday,  

Posted Images

I miss my rollers but like you I didn't get time to fly them properly with working full time and my fertility problems. My pouters are better for me as I can just leave one out working. 

• Like 1

i used to have a good kit of rollers 20 or so had them going well then the peregrines found them then the sparrow hawks and i had to give them to a mate it was bad for birds of prey where i am used to go out and scan the sky and see nothing then i let the birds out and it was like ringing the dinner bell still go to my mates to watch them love watching them kitting up and rolling cant beat it 

2 minutes ago, pengelli said:

i used to have a good kit of rollers 20 or so had them going well then the peregrines found them then the sparrow hawks and i had to give them to a mate it was bad for birds of prey where i am used to go out and scan the sky and see nothing then i let the birds out and it was like ringing the dinner bell still go to my mates to watch them love watching them kitting up and rolling cant beat it 

Yer I miss mine I sold um cheap to a bloke in Scotland he said if I ever want any young he'd breed  me some , but it's just time now , I get a lot of enjoyment out ov thises racers,  every now n then get one with a black feather in 

• Like 1

I've got a couple of pouters in the nest now and some eggs under a feral feeder pair which I'm hoping will be good birds too. I hate breeding as the birds are cooped up while they are but sometimes you need to breed replacements. Hopefully they turn out good and I can get back to catching ferret food ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The son in law started keeping pigeons and I reckon racing would be bloody interesting. I think its some thing he is going to get into once he get some birds sorted. As for a dieing hobby I reckon now a days a lot of lie in rented where keeping a dog is bloody major thing let a lone whacking a shed out back full of pigeons. Our local allotments dont allow live stock of any sort either 

• Like 2