Opening up... yapping

Got a bullx bitch 11 month old. Let her chase a few rabbits just before the season finished with me older bitch. Too young i know. She opened up but then caught a couple so thought that would of done her good. Shes chased rabbit this morning on a walk and done it again. Will plenty of easy drops later in the year sort her out?? Whats peoples experiences on it?? 

there are many theories on this, starting too young, frustration, excitement, etc. even after careful entering some still yap. I believe some dogs yap and some don't, it really is that simple. pot luck. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Golden rule, with any sighthound.is always let them think they can catch what's I front of them, more deff a young age. You took it with another dog young age, bad news because, even didn't run much, it still see another dog chase stuff, that's enough to wind them up anyway. Yes some might yap more than others, but  don't encourage it. Don't think it ever change, if I was you take it on its own from now on, if lamping forget long slips walk right up to rabbit, so the dog right on top of the rabbit to strike on it. At the end of the day, it what you can. Live with,? It how serious you take it.! 

• Thanks 1

Yapping can come down to frustration  or not enough graft or not winning by that I mean not being given the chance of easy catches yapping won't make your dog catch less she's still a pup let her mature and as a bull x she will want to please so put any run in her favour pick your runs 

Edited by Blackmag
  • Thanks 1

I always find bolting rabbits with ferrets is the best way to get some easy catches ,

Dogs that yip do so out of frustration and like blackmag says you got to pick your runs and put the odds in the dogs favour when lamping ,

I Was always told start a pup ferreting before lamp and let it feal some easy wins and I've never had a problem with dogs yipping,but I've seen dogs yip that have been lamped or run on hare because the dog had no chance of catching .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1