40 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

Good god,imagine that stalking ye ,are they all that size?

You won't know most times. Lotta my friends in lion country will tell you it's not uncommon for your to be out hiking no hear or see one but he you double back in theirs lion princes right next to yours

• Like 2

Seeing how most of the animals/birds we hunt and shoot are for eating, what the heck do you do with something that size.? I imagine they are quite rancid as well. Is it the pelt, the head or just the knowledge that you have outwitted such a magnificent creature. What a beast. Jok.

Not sure how to read that. Tame as in having a nice friendly hug or tame as in dead and couldn’t hurt a fly? I was looking for the bullet entry but can’t find one. It is an awesome beast none the less IMO. Jok.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jok said:

Seeing how most of the animals/birds we hunt and shoot are for eating, what the heck do you do with something that size.? I imagine they are quite rancid as well. Is it the pelt, the head or just the knowledge that you have outwitted such a magnificent creature. What a beast. Jok.

Mountain lion is supposed to be very good eating along with bobcat and black bear.

Regardless their a predator and just like any other they need to be kept in check. Large or small

Some people go after them as bucket list trophy's, some just toilet to run them and tree them , and for some it's simply control work 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, jok said:

Supposedly taste like pork and according to Steve rinella are very good eating 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

Supposedly taste like pork and according to Steve rinella are very good eating 

i was wondering what they tasted like, house cats taste a bit like rabbit  and thought they may taste similar, tiger tastes like pork as well ,and lion tastes like a cross between chicken and beef apparently

• Like 1
1 hour ago, greg64 said:

i was wondering what they tasted like, house cats taste a bit like rabbit  and thought they may taste similar, tiger tastes like pork as well ,and lion tastes like a cross between chicken and beef apparently

I read years ago when u could take rabbits to the butcher they required you to keep the kidneys in so they could identify if it was a rabbit or you had been shooting neighbourhood cats

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Welsh_red said:

I read years ago when u could take rabbits to the butcher they required you to keep the kidneys in so they could identify if it was a rabbit or you had been shooting neighbourhood cats

You'd think that the big ears would be a dead giveaway ?.

• Haha 1