Beef tallow, lamb tallow, goat tallow

On 04/05/2023 at 08:48, dodger said:

Does anyone feed coes milk I was always led to believe its a no no due to the lactose but I often give mine plenty even a pint each with there food n never a problem..

Grown dogs can't handle milk, what animal drinks it within nature, once they are weaned & full size?

Over the last couple of years I've cut back my dog numbers, the 2/3s that are left still eat a lot of food in one form or another. My local home kill guy sends me a text once or twice a week to go uplift any full bone bins. These I load onto my car trailer, some weeks I could get 200kgs, at other times 50kgs. Its scrap trimmings, fat, head, hearts of beef, sheep or red deer. I sort it out, throwing the boneless meat in one corner, big bones in another. The waste fat is made up of any fat from around the kidneys, hard fat from different parts of the body as I know while the dogs eat a lot of fat, there is some they don't like therefore won't eat, it becomes piled up in a corner of the sleeping boxes. The dogs that are becoming a tad large around the waist, I feed venison that usually has little fat, others like whippets who have a thin skin, require a lot more meat containing fat than a big dog with a rougher coat. It's all free apart from a couple of bottles of the amber top shelf stuff. If I didn't have this supply, I'd be unable to keep the number I have.Yesterday's pick up.

bones.jpg

Edited by toolebox
  • Like 6

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Puts weight on my dogs got something  to do with eating it one thinks ? 

I find tripe great for Keeping weight on a dog. Have fed it to all my dogs for years.  

Grown dogs can't handle milk, what animal drinks it within nature, once they are weaned & full size? Over the last couple of years I've cut back my dog numbers, the 2/3s that are left still e

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Black neck said:

We could only dream of having t drainage ditch

Paradise! 

If we even dreamt of having a drainage ditch we'd have been hit over the head with a discarded horse shoe, chopped into six pieces, put in a pile on some shit stained tarpaulin and fed to the pigs every night for a month

6 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Paradise! 

If we even dreamt of having a drainage ditch we'd have been hit over the head with a discarded horse shoe, chopped into six pieces, put in a pile on some shit stained tarpaulin and fed to the pigs every night for a month

Aye u were lucky

3 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Our chopped up torsos were offerd 2 the ravenous villagers served cold on plates fashioned from the dried up remains on our own ancestors 

Tarpaulin 

Luxury! 

We weren't even allowed to dream of being offered, we'd have been force fed followed by disemboweled then force fed disembowelment then kicked into nettle strewn swamp alongside Tollund man

30 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Luxury! 

We weren't even allowed to dream of being offered, we'd have been force fed followed by disemboweled then force fed disembowelment then kicked into nettle strewn swamp alongside Tollund man

Sounds a rum do 

50 minutes ago, Black neck said:

Our chopped up torsos were offerd 2 the ravenous villagers served cold on plates fashioned from the dried up remains on our own ancestors 

Tarpaulin 

Well! 

When I say tarpaulin it was only a few cobbled together skid marks and winnits retrieved from the dried up blackthorn but it was tarpaulin to us

• Haha 2
Just now, low plains drifter said:

Well! 

When I say tarpaulin it was only a few cobbled together skid marks and winnits retrieved from the dried up blackthorn but it was tarpaulin to us

Stop now or we're get a bollocking else 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

Stop now or we're get a bollocking else 

1 hour ago, low plains drifter said:

We'd be lucky!

I think you're on safe grounds, lads.

I said on here that I fed tripe to my dogs, was called all sorts of derogatory names, by a member on here, that thinks tyson fury is the best Heavyweight boxer he's ever seen!!  Lol.  Don't think he knows much about anything, going by those two observations.  ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, chartpolski said:

I had a first cross deer/grey that lost condition and weight badly when she came out of season.

One thing guaranteed to put weight back on her was raw, green tripe.

Just my own observations, of course.

Cheers.

Ffs charts, you'll have Gooey calling you a liar now!!  ?