Black cat rat trap

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DIDO.1 said:

First bad catch I've had in a BC. 

It was covered in ants, looks like they were after the moisture in its mouth and eyes. It was a fresh rat as I'd only set it day before 

PXL_20230608_114159942.jpg

Screenshot_20230608-204448.png

He got a good slap off it. If he hadn't, you would have only had a chewed off foot left in the trap 

39 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

He got a good slap off it. If he hadn't, you would have only had a chewed off foot left in the trap 

Yeah perhaps, plenty of blood there and he obviously died fairly quickly. I've never seen a chewed off food. Seen plenty with only a foot caught in a badly set fenn.

32 minutes ago, jok said:

I keep reading the post and, because of lack of punctuation, cannot work out whether he is selling or buying. Help me her as I have some for sale. Jok.

He's looking for some?

• Like 1
On 08/06/2023 at 20:47, DIDO.1 said:

First bad catch I've had in a BC. 

It was covered in ants, looks like they were after the moisture in its mouth and eyes. It was a fresh rat as I'd only set it day before 

PXL_20230608_114159942.jpg

Screenshot_20230608-204448.png

Dido...I seen some film footage from a trail cam in a void behind shelving in a supermarket of a rat trying to get the bait off a black cat....the rat knew what the trap was you could tel by his actions...he was trying to move quick with his head like a boxer in and out at the bait...without committing properly..then bang trap goes off...and the rat gets knocked back a foot or more....the rat looks dead then about a minute later gets up and wanders off...

It looks like he got a whack on the head as he was moving away...

13 minutes ago, TOMO said:

Dido...I seen some film footage from a trail cam in a void behind shelving in a supermarket of a rat trying to get the bait off a black cat....the rat knew what the trap was you could tel by his actions...he was trying to move quick with his head like a boxer in and out at the bait...without committing properly..then bang trap goes off...and the rat gets knocked back a foot or more....the rat looks dead then about a minute later gets up and wanders off...

Like every trap. Given enough time, and the brown rat will learn to be wary of it.

59 minutes ago, TOMO said:

The smaller black cats , think they are called black cat nanos but I might be wrong, they often don't catch em, you find em dead at the side of em in a pool of blood. I've had very few bad catches in the full size ones. Think I found 1 dead at the side of one and the one above but that's it. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, SINDASOX said:

Been watching a few videos on youtube of The Pest Interceptors.

Seen on there where rats have taken the bait off the black cat traps without them firing.

SINDASOX

You must chose your bait wisely