• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Having a clear out lads.  Had enough of the constant price rises and pressures strategically applied by this shit show of a government so me and the misus are working towards selling up and going off

Good luck mate?.... I plan to do the same in a few yrs...sell everything off when we hit  50,go back to basics,Myself,Mrs and a small whippet type,new motorhome and away...f**k the Rat Race and t

So basically you went on holiday? 

Posted Images

Couple of years ago I bought a bed off off a lovely couple about our age , ( I’m not that much different to you ages wise with my own family ) 

they were selling everything and about to travel the world In a converted sprinter van . Had it all planned , fells was a mechanic and they’d had enough of slaving around . Fantastic attitude , what an experience for them and the kids !! 

good luck mate to you and yours 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Couple of years ago I bought a bed off off a lovely couple about our age , ( I’m not that much different to you ages wise with my own family ) 

they were selling everything and about to travel the world In a converted sprinter van . Had it all planned , fells was a mechanic and they’d had enough of slaving around . Fantastic attitude , what an experience for them and the kids !! 

good luck mate to you and yours 

My Mrs is palls with a couple doing that right now..with two young kids as well..

They had a leaving party last summer and have now  started a YouTube channel recording the journey 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, TOMO said:

My Mrs is palls with a couple doing that right now..with two young kids as well..

They had a leaving party last summer and have now  started a YouTube channel recording the journey 

Put me onto em Tomo please, DM if you want. Any help appreciated.?

On 28/04/2023 at 02:30, ryaldinhio said:

Having a clear out lads.  Had enough of the constant price rises and pressures strategically applied by this shit show of a government so me and the misus are working towards selling up and going off grid with a little small holding.

Not guna happen over night but thats the mission now.

Keep an eye out in the classifieds for bits I put on, don't be afraid to make an offer if interested.

Its guna be an interesting journey but its got to start somewhere!

ATB

Ry

You should do it and do it while you are still youngish. If you start too old it might be hard getting used to it. I've lived like this for a while in Oz and at 60 still going good atm. When I get too old it might be too much but hopefully I die suddenly before that happens, lol.

• Like 5

I sold up and moved to Spain once. Even had a leaving party. 

I was back in 2 weeks. And I spent one of them in Amsterdam while 'traveling back'. 

I get homesick if I leave Lancashire for too long.

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I sold up and moved to Spain once. Even had a leaving party. 

I was back in 2 weeks. And I spent one of them in Amsterdam while 'traveling back'. 

So basically you went on holiday? 

• Haha 12
2 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

I don't like foreign food!! I get deli Belly going down to the fishing comp! 

What prompted your move to Spain?How old were you?Ever regret returning to the UK?I get offered jobs in Spain now and again,last time coincidentally was last week.

Just now, mackem said:

What prompted your move to Spain?How old were you?Ever regret returning to the UK?I get offered jobs in Spain now and again,last time coincidentally was last week.

Joking aside... I was obsessed with bullfighting. Decided I was going to be the next British bullfighter. I went out there alot, only for a few weeks at a time but at least half a dozen times a year. Had friends out there so got access to a few big bull breeding farms. Trained with a few bullfighters and got in the ring with the young cows when they are tested for breeding purposes. It became obvious quite quickly I wasn't going to live very long if continued with that idea. 

I decided I was moving out there and stopped with some friends down near Gibraltar. When money started to run out I realised it wasn't for me. I get bored easily and they money I could earn there wouldn't pay for the life I wanted to live. 

Again joking aside I do like my home area. I enjoy too many things. I wanted to hunt foxes on the lake District fells one week and see a bullfight the next so keeping my adventures for hobbies and coming home in-between suited me better. Now I'm married with kids and a business so my adventures have to be more local for the time being. 

I do love Spain and always have a yearning to return to the bulls. Maybe when the kids fly the nest!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, DIDO.1 said:

Joking aside... I was obsessed with bullfighting. Decided I was going to be the next British bullfighter. I went out there alot, only for a few weeks at a time but at least half a dozen times a year. Had friends out there so got access to a few big bull breeding farms. Trained with a few bullfighters and got in the ring with the young cows when they are tested for breeding purposes. It became obvious quite quickly I wasn't going to live very long if continued with that idea. 

I decided I was moving out there and stopped with some friends down near Gibraltar. When money started to run out I realised it wasn't for me. I get bored easily and they money I could earn there wouldn't pay for the life I wanted to live. 

Again joking aside I do like my home area. I enjoy too many things. I wanted to hunt foxes on the lake District fells one week and see a bullfight the next so keeping my adventures for hobbies and coming home in-between suited me better. Now I'm married with kids and a business so my adventures have to be more local for the time being. 

I do love Spain and always have a yearning to return to the bulls. Maybe when the kids fly the nest!

Your unusual,I like that,it’s very interesting about the bull fighting.I used to stay on Gibraltar,I crossed the runway and went to La Linea often,they had a bullring there.

• Like 1
On 27/04/2023 at 19:11, Daniel cain said:

Good luck mate?....

I plan to do the same in a few yrs...sell everything off when we hit  50,go back to basics,Myself,Mrs and a small whippet type,new motorhome and away...f**k the Rat Race and this shithole?

Jigsaw cottage in the hills ?

• Like 2