Where’s all the good dogs gone?

That’s the problem though, so many idiots with shite dogs that have barely seen a days work, breeding and peddling. Then more idiots posting stuff all over social media plus the amount of antis and grasses. And once you and your mates have a break away from dogs, trying to find someone genuine with decent dogs that will sell a stranger a pup isn’t easy.

• Like 3

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There definitely isn't as many lads out putting work in front of dogs anymore so it only makes sense there would be less good dogs, although there's always been bad dogs and plenty of them.  Gett

Personally I think every pup is a gamble, nothing is garenteed, easy to spoil certain types... thats why it's best to breed your own,that way then you will know the faults as well as the strengths ...

Another problem is lads having low standards. Seen a post on Facebook the other day of a dog working a fox, to be honest I wouldn't keep the dog in my pens as it was very poor but in the comments for

Posted Images

I'm looking out for a decent bred "all round have a go at most things "type of dog..there's a very limited variety being bred over here I think,mainly Collie/greyhound or bull/wheaten type,or saluki bred that's kept exclusively for hare,..I've plenty of time to see the right type ,next year would be ok even,but I reckon it'll be from over the water I'll have to purchase from

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

I'm looking out for a decent bred "all round have a go at most things "type of dog..there's a very limited variety being bred over here I think,mainly Collie/greyhound or bull/wheaten type,or saluki bred that's kept exclusively for hare,..I've plenty of time to see the right type ,next year would be ok even,but I reckon it'll be from over the water I'll have to purchase from

Come and see hull 

• Like 1
22 hours ago, dodger said:

That's the problem there's plenty being bred but have 75% of them been tested enough to have earned it as opposed to what the grandparents did etc

Personally I think every pup is a gamble, nothing is garenteed, easy to spoil certain types... thats why it's best to breed your own,that way then you will know the faults as well as the strengths ...if your giving/selling outside your click,then you have to be honest,and not blow smoke up one's own arse?

• Like 8
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Personally I think every pup is a gamble, nothing is garenteed, easy to spoil certain types... thats why it's best to breed your own,that way then you will know the faults as well as the strengths ...if your giving/selling outside your click,then you have to be honest,and not blow smoke up one's own arse?

I totally disagree with all of that mate 

especially in the regards of running dogs ,you can almost guarantee how something will be from certain blood , the laziness of lads not willing to travel to something decent and bumming up of dogs has lead to utter shite being bred. 

I’ve never bred from my own dogs as I could never see anything I couldn’t achieve from letting others feel the pain with breeding 

• Like 4

I have had my mates bitch here whilst she's in season a Wheaton/ bull grey she is 5  done more than a lot always run single handed what a pleasure she's been to have about I asked him if he was going to line her is answer no because I couldn't get the homes to do them justice that the breeding deserved so it's pointless 

• Like 5
40 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

the real good uns be hard to spoil they will kill plenty even not fit it’s just in them 

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, mC HULL said:

the real good uns be hard to spoil they will kill plenty even not fit it’s just in them 

Have to agree with that, the real good uns just have that something special, I've known a few outstanding dogs that were owned by fckwits, feed shite and treated badly and were still something special... They just had it. 

• Like 2

As said the owner is very important nd need to be stupid keen game and fit walking through blisters and every joint n sinue hurting you still go, and also put many other things on the back boiler so to speak with the dogs being a huge factor in your life not ideal for long lasting relationships but you do need the right ammunition when your out 3 times a week they need a big heart bred from big hearts with durability and with good maintenance they hopefully don't break then you know what you've got..

It's then ideal to breed from such a dog as your hopefully improving the next generation but similar to what blackmag says these days it is difficult to find the folk that will do the pups justice and carry on your hard work..

Edited by dodger
  • Like 1

Most people will breed off anything, I’ve known dogs to pull up in front of the owners eyes and they just pretend they’ve not seen it then dog goes on to be bred from. Then you’ve got your internet legends get took out once a week but the owner & his mates come on here and make them out to be something their not, people use it at stud based on what they’ve heard without seeing it run then can’t understand why pups are no good. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Deerhunter1 said:

Most people will breed off anything, I’ve known dogs to pull up in front of the owners eyes and they just pretend they’ve not seen it then dog goes on to be bred from. Then you’ve got your internet legends get took out once a week but the owner & his mates come on here and make them out to be something their not, people use it at stud based on what they’ve heard without seeing it run then can’t understand why pups are no good. 

So true , there’s a few on here I’ve read about and had chuckle to myself and thought mmmmm maybe that’s not the complete truth being told here lol well I know so as word gets about , I feel for the youngsters ‘ new guys in the sport  today getting took in by these so called big name dogs and men behind them , buying pups /adult dogs at inflated prices because of the legends who bred them or the legends they are out of ,only to find out in time the legends were not quite that and in fact a pile of shit , then you get the romancers who own these legend dogs who are out 3/4 times a week in their head when in fact it’s more 3/4 a season and only permission or invites lol 

Edited by Big Ron
  • Like 4