Remedies

Looks as though there was some glass or other sharp object in the long stuff and dog has skinned both pads on front feet. Any advice on the best course of treatment. Go to ointments etc he aint in good spirit atm must be giving him some jip

37 minutes ago, Big Pow said:

Looks as though there was some glass or other sharp object in the long stuff and dog has skinned both pads on front feet. Any advice on the best course of treatment. Go to ointments etc he aint in good spirit atm must be giving him some jip

Drop.of tea tree oil on the raw bit then cut compede plaster 2 size warm it up and stick on if it will then stay off the tarmac best u can.

5r

On 21/04/2023 at 18:51, Black neck said:

Drop.of tea tree oil on the raw bit then cut compede plaster 2 size warm it up and stick on if it will then stay off the tarmac best u can.

5r

I wouldn't put neat tea tree oil on raw flesh: stings like hell and is strong enough to delay healing. Salt water, savlon and then keep dry and clean, no running, short lead walks, with a sock or bandage over the foot, until new skin has grown.

20 minutes ago, skycat said:

I wouldn't put neat tea tree oil on raw flesh: stings like hell and is strong enough to delay healing. Salt water, savlon and then keep dry and clean, no running, short lead walks, with a sock or bandage over the foot, until new skin has grown.

Reason I said it was I had a split knuckle from some carry on I got into ,wouldn't heal ,a chemist told me 2 do that and it worked never burnt or even stung much ,so.i tried it on bad pad cuts on dogs and it worked sound yeah

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Black neck said:

Reason I said it was I had a split knuckle from some carry on I got into ,wouldn't heal ,a chemist told me 2 do that and it worked never burnt or even stung much ,so.i tried it on bad pad cuts on dogs and it worked sound yeah

i’ve used it years blacky 

same with savlon whichever is closest both with 

You tried manuka honey good stuff that is you get different strengths of it but salt water is as good as any for cleaning cut peroxides good stuff pushes it from them base out any foreign objects get pushed out then just a good antiseptic ointment and as was said keep it dry 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Penda said:

You tried manuka honey good stuff that is you get different strengths of it but salt water is as good as any for cleaning cut peroxides good stuff pushes it from them base out any foreign objects get pushed out then just a good antiseptic ointment and as was said keep it dry 

Are u mad