Jill jab delvesterone discontinued

Apologies if it's already been posted but FFS the Jill jab Delvosteron, is discontinued and there is no replacement. My vet suggested implants which a friend of mine in Denmark uses so I know they work but... £250 a ferret. My last vasectomised hob died 3 years although I just caught an escaped entire male so it's an option but my Jill's are almost all in season so it's a long wait before that would work out. 

22 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

Get a vasectomised hob for sure. Overall it’s cheaper and much safer for the Jill’s than a hormone injection. Obviously in a pickle for this summer but maybe see if someone would lend you one? 

Can rescue them from rspca they nuetre the hobs before rehousing few 

16 hours ago, Black neck said:

Can rescue them from rspca they nuetre the hobs before rehousing few 

A neutered hob is no good to bring Jill’s out of season they have been castrated, it’s a vasectomised hob you need. 

for yrs I would take my Jill's for jabs, everytime I would end up losing 1 or 2?..I decided to get my one hob done...best £180 I've ever spent...Mrs put an ad up on Facebook offering his service's....charge folks £10 to use him...I've had enquiries from as far a field as Swindon to use him?

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

for yrs I would take my Jill's for jabs, everytime I would end up losing 1 or 2?..I decided to get my one hob done...best £180 I've ever spent...Mrs put an ad up on Facebook offering his service's....charge folks £10 to use him...I've had enquiries from as far a field as Swindon to use him?

I’d be very careful lending a hob out to numerous Jill’s, a good mate of mine brought a jill in that had been left in season, he put it to his vasectomised hob, next season the same hob went over all his Jill’s and all mine, same the season after, when we came to breed a litter the Jill’s missed, we tried proven hobs over proven Jill’s time and time again but still no kits, after a discussion with a vet he’s suggested trying a jill on a course of antibiotics before mating, heypresto a litter of kits followed, he put it down to a sort of ferret STI, after the hob picking an infection up off the brought in jill and spreading the love for a couple of seasons, after that I never lend my hobs out now, 

• Like 2

I’ve never used the jab… in the past I’ve used a snipped home, but I’ve found they have to be used 2 or 3 times a season, as the hills will come back in after a couple of months. The last few years I’ve left the jills in season and I’ve had no ill effects… my hutches are spotless though so they’re not living in filth, maybe that helps.