Record keeping

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve never kept records, it’s only over recent years I’ve started taking photos, I could take a guess at somewhere around 800 foxes and a 100 or so roe ( deer are not my thing ) I couldn’t even guess

I've kept game/ fishing logs since my teens. The early ones are just exercise books- up in the loft somewhere. Admittedly some things didn't  go in there either because of life getting in way or

We used to bolt them quite often when ferretting. 

Posted Images

I’ve never kept records, it’s only over recent years I’ve started taking photos, I could take a guess at somewhere around 800 foxes and a 100 or so roe ( deer are not my thing ) I couldn’t even guess at rabbits it’s well in the 1000’s

my good mate mosh has detailed records from when we ran dogs, everything from rabbits, hares, deer, foxes, dates, weather conditions, where it was, how long the run, what dog/dogs, they are really interesting to read through, they tell a story of how things have changed in a relatively short time 

• Like 4
11 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’ve never kept records, it’s only over recent years I’ve started taking photos, I could take a guess at somewhere around 800 foxes and a 100 or so roe ( deer are not my thing ) I couldn’t even guess at rabbits it’s well in the 1000’s

my good mate mosh has detailed records from when we ran dogs, everything from rabbits, hares, deer, foxes, dates, weather conditions, where it was, how long the run, what dog/dogs, they are really interesting to read through, they tell a story of how things have changed in a relatively short time 

That's the thing Stav , I often read them and it brings back memories .

Will be of interest when everything is banned and I'm sat in my care home ?

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's the thing Stav , I often read them and it brings back memories .

Will be of interest when everything is banned and I'm sat in my care home ?

The way things are going that won’t be too long

I've kept game/ fishing logs since my teens. The early ones are just exercise books- up in the loft somewhere.20230413_213451.jpg.26c1afbfb43472560f2fa6eaed7e0860.jpg

Admittedly some things didn't  go in there either because of life getting in way or they were "inappropriate" for some reason. 

Some entries are brief - " Shot like a blind idiot today", " One bite, caught a stick ,went home. Got wet."

Others are pretty detailed. Though my rubbish handwriting and illuminated margins will limit their value as  family heirlooms ?20230413_215211.jpg.20073ad0a4f349955d6c77258edc60bc.jpg20230413_215252.jpg.cb386bbf007714761441db42dc860264.jpg20230413_215344.jpg.82c4e20d8fb5341b7ddb4c48ccd439d0.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, foxdropper said:

Ok Mark here tis .

Rats as above .

Foxes 4421

Hares 233 

Rabbits 3457

Roe 6879

Muntjac 704

Fallow 319

Red 4 

sika 38

CWD 23

Boar 2 

goats 3 

squirrels 2347

Big cats 0 

Internet wannabes ..ongoing .

That's some number of roe mate ?

8 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's some number of roe mate ?

Yes mate .Forgot mink on that list ,last one I shot with airgun .Mink 32 . 

All my records are just in A4 lined books.

Heres a couple of exerts from way back .

IMG_3739.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

IMG_3737.jpeg

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Yes mate .Forgot mink on that list ,last one I shot with airgun .Mink 32 . 

All my records are just in A4 lined books.

Heres a couple of exerts from way back .

IMG_3739.jpeg

IMG_3738.jpeg

IMG_3737.jpeg

Never shot a mink , only ever trapped 1 in a Fenn.

28 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Never shot a mink , only ever trapped 1 in a Fenn.

I used to do the trapping for a local angling club for a free license .The very first mink I trapped was silver .Should have had it mounted tbh .Last mink shot was huge .I think I put a pic up of it next to a fox shot same night .

5 hours ago, foxdropper said:

I used to do the trapping for a local angling club for a free license .The very first mink I trapped was silver .Should have had it mounted tbh .Last mink shot was huge .I think I put a pic up of it next to a fox shot same night .

Never shot a mink but had a few stoats and weasels 

20200410_141621.jpg

20200410_155050.jpg