Expensive bit of kit for rat shooting.

Where does the $28,000 dollars come from? Fx impact roughly £1800 new plus add a pard 008 or a DS35 for less than £1000 and you have a similar set up. Plus the amount of rats will be impossible to control with an air rifle, Poison or a pack terrier's and find out where they are breeding and smoke and dig the buggers out. 

5 hours ago, paulus said:

Where does the $28,000 dollars come from? Fx impact roughly £1800 new plus add a pard 008 or a DS35 for less than £1000 and you have a similar set up. Plus the amount of rats will be impossible to control with an air rifle, Poison or a pack terrier's and find out where they are breeding and smoke and dig the buggers out. 

Think your underestimating airgun rat control there Paul .Few farms I do won’t have poison at all but I’m good to shoot with the odd terrier session .He’s impressed with me like most people tbh .

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2023 at 15:47, foxdropper said:

Think your underestimating airgun rat control there Paul .Few farms I do won’t have poison at all but I’m good to shoot with the odd terrier session .He’s impressed with me like most people tbh .

I still run up against this issue.   There must be some historical bad experiences, with Tamper Proof and Species Specific bait boxes, there simply isn't an issue, and baits work 24/7 when shooting etc is only briefly time dependant! 

• 2 weeks later...

$28,000 Australian is just under £15,000. Iray ds 75 is £13k, £2k for the gun and there's your $28k in AUS. Sounds a lot, well, it is, but some people smoke 20 Benson and Hedges a day, at £15.95 a pack that works out at $6k a year, now THAT'S an expensive waste of money. But you pays yer money, and you makes yer choice.