APBT x wheaten

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had a new pup join the ranks . Been here 2 weeks now and settling in nicely. Was a little noisy in the kennel for the first week but now as quiet as a mouse . 4 month old APBT x wheaten bred by my fri

Exactly not about the terrier about working the strong dogs.  This is my pups grandsire on a trip to Spain last year hunting boar in the Basque region. He performed very well but alas being what he

Pups coming along well . Fitted in well with the other dogs and responding well to her training . Just been concentrating on livestock training and environmental exposure. Not got any complaints about

Posted Images

On 15/04/2023 at 13:28, twelsh said:

Not been funny mate but the pit x wheaten ive seen never looked owt like that but could be all best mate 

looks exactly like a Bull Wheaten cross. Don't see  point in owning one to be fair, not nowadays.

I had a litter about 30 years ago, when I was a bit less knowledgeable. 

• Like 1

I kept similar in time gone by,.. drawing dogs were part of a lot of men's arsenal way back in the day, different times, different outlook, personally I think you'd be nuts having them about now ,try explaining the reason for having one if raided and woe betide if it's got a few work tattoos,...but I still admire the type,

• Like 3
5 hours ago, twelsh said:

This cross is very cabable cross seen few go very impressed bred for job 

If you need this type of dog in this day and age then you either need to take a long hard look at the terriers you are keeping or your own capabilities as a terrierman.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, downsouth said:

If you need this type of dog in this day and age then you either need to take a long hard look at the terriers you are keeping or your own capabilities as a terrierman.

First of all ,to work this type of dog, Ie a draw dog ,you need to have good terriers to get the work for them,secondly it has nothing to do with handling game at the end of a dig,...it's about working strong dogs ,but your correct when you say this day and age,the time and politics of keeping such animals for use in the countryside are long gone,..mind one on a wild boar would be a sight to behold 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, jigsaw said:

First of all ,to work this type of dog, Ie a draw dog ,you need to have good terriers to get the work for them,secondly it has nothing to do with handling game at the end of a dig,...it's about working strong dogs ,but your correct when you say this day and age,the time and politics of keeping such animals for use in the countryside are long gone,..mind one on a wild boar would be a sight to behold 

Big mad wheaten on boar wouldnt mind seen that ha

• Haha 1