Thought I'd treat myself to bank holiday today for first time in about 15 years. Worked 6-9 this morning, just the minimum. Then had a day to myself, with nowhere i needed to be or achieve by a certain time. Just an aimless wandering with a shotgun. First time ive done that in about 5 years! (As opposed to racing round on bike with gun on it just in case)

Saw hares, loads song birds, a hell of a lot of mallard, and a muntjac. Didn't shoot a great deal (a pigeon & a squirrel) but it felt so good to be out walking somewhere that nobody else ever goes & it wasn't chasing sheep. Finally got round to getting the larsens out & set few more tunnel traps.

I'll have shit loads to catch up on tomorrow, but tonight I feel very relaxed & grateful. 

20230410_120811.jpg

20230410_121625.jpg

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd treat myself to bank holiday today for first time in about 15 years. Worked 6-9 this morning, just the minimum. Then had a day to myself, with nowhere i needed to be or achieve by a certai

I was just about to do a post on my fallow stalk and then I noticed I’d been dragged into this bitching, I think I’ll take it elsewhere, I maybe done with this place now, it’s shite now 

Posted Images

When you work that hard you deserve some you time, it doesn’t matter about shooting loads, just being there is often enough, when I’m worn out I like to go and sit over the piggeries at the shoot and just watch, no shooting, just watching 

p.s. if you ever need someone to walk round that duck pond with in the season give me a shout ??

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Stavross said:

if you ever need someone to walk round that duck pond with in the season give me a shou

Can definitely sort that mate. 

Yeah, pretty happy how it's turned out. Not such a mess there now, still some earth needs levelling. I'm trying to sort some seed mix (cheap) for the edges. I didn't shoot it last year (I fed it single handed though!) but the other 2 lads had some decent evenings there. 

• Like 1

Had a walk out myself this evening even though there was a chilly west wind. Didnt expect to see anything but saw 6 roe , no shots but I know where they are. Saw a little egret too , 1st on this farm.

The strangest thing I saw though was the farmer feeding the orphan lambs . She had a goat tethered in a crush and put the lambs on her to feed , never seen or heard of that before.

How about you Ben ?

17 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Had a walk out myself this evening even though there was a chilly west wind. Didnt expect to see anything but saw 6 roe , no shots but I know where they are. Saw a little egret too , 1st on this farm.

The strangest thing I saw though was the farmer feeding the orphan lambs . She had a goat tethered in a crush and put the lambs on her to feed , never seen or heard of that before.

How about you Ben ?

Bens a grown man Mark ,that’s just perverted .

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Think you might of upset him Mark .Delicate flower is is Ben .

Is that your go to response when someone stands up to your loud mouth, bigoted bullying? You haven't said the one about a bruised vagina yet - I'm waiting to tick that off my Tim bellend bingo. 

On 10/04/2023 at 22:17, FOXHUNTER said:

How about you Ben ?

How about me? One minute you're calling me a 'faggot lover' and calling for a cull on groups of society (groups I have friends in) the next minute your asking my opinion on something? Man the f**k up. Decide where your morals are & stick to them - and not just when you know Tim is online so that he can wipe your bum for you when you get too excited. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, BenBhoy said:

Is that your go to response when someone stands up to your loud mouth, bigoted bullying? You haven't said the one about a bruised vagina yet - I'm waiting to tick that off my Tim bellend bingo. 

How about me? One minute you're calling me a 'faggot lover' and calling for a cull on groups of society (groups I have friends in) the next minute your asking my opinion on something? Man the f**k up. Decide where your morals are & stick to them - and not just when you know Tim is online so that he can wipe your bum for you when you get too excited. 

Feck me , are you on your period or something. 

I just thought you might have been interested in a sheep topic but obviously not.

Your still a faggot lover and lefty w*nker.

Don't worry wont correspond with you again.

Anyway why did you shoot the pigeon ?

20 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Wow ,another with anger issues tonight .It’s just banter petal .Still sorts out the IQ from not a clue .

Were you flushed  daily as a kid at school .Did your dinner money feed the big kid with hairs on his bollocks ,and yes you did look Bendover .

Anyway send me your address and I’ll mail these to ya ,.

IMG_3735.jpeg.a67929aec0269bb0e22ef4305e9a9753.jpegIMG_3736.jpeg.56efcb2cabc83de081fc98a485510d9a.jpeg

• Haha 1