Whippets and frustration yips

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Non ped bitch pup 9 month

Try Work him on his own ,dogs can act hella crackish when there in competition wi another dog ,get over hyped up and that ,worth a go

A pair of Aussie whippets I was out with some years ago; Mally's Vixen, the best working pedigree whippet I've seen in the UK; Cheers.  

Posted Images

3 hours ago, chartpolski said:

A pair of Aussie whippets I was out with some years ago;

IMG_0271.JPG.caca75a1976d5725449f64c0e03460d7.JPG

Mally's Vixen, the best working pedigree whippet I've seen in the UK;

IMG_0373.JPG.6e8b4766835c9ca42df98c6b2344d63e.JPG

Cheers.

looks in great shape, I would have thought trev 70s bitch would take some beating in her prime. 

4 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

It's bad if they kill some old ladies pet cat, probably all the lady lives for. The feral cats need killing but my mate worked for pasture protection and would take a heap of dogs out to push rabbits into the warrens and then gas them. One feral cat tore up a few dogs one time. Apart from killing of a pet cat they can tear dogs eyes and infect them badly from bites so I'd rather the dogs stay away.

dirty things,best avoided with the little dogs..I do try and break all my dogs to cats,but still get the odd accident ..never understood the idiots who think some old dears pet is fair game ?

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

dirty things,best avoided with the little dogs..I do try and break all my dogs to cats,but still get the odd accident ..never understood the idiots who think some old dears pet is fair game ?

It's a worry with the terriers. My male Parson lived in the house yard with my cats for years then decided to single out one and kill it. He's alright with the other two but I watch his behavior when he's with them now. The cats are just mousers around the place but a bit different if he got the neighbors pet.

18 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I think you may be as I’ve just checked  all the BWRA Champions fro 68 to 78 and Picketty Witch didn’t win a BWRA Championship, but I do remember it running back then.

Cheers.

18 hours ago, chartpolski said:

I’d rather talk all day about whippets than Brexit, big cats, Ukraine ! LOL !

Cheers.

Bit busy for the next few days, charts, but will check up on all the info, bits and pieces etc I still have, soon as I get the chance.

Not saying you are wrong, just need to clear up the confusion, for my own peace of mind lol ?

1 minute ago, shaaark said:

Bit busy for the next few days, charts, but will check up on all the info, bits and pieces etc I still have, soon as I get the chance.

Not saying you are wrong, just need to clear up the confusion, for my own peace of mind lol ?

No problem with that, mate.

The Picketty Witch I know had Bilko and Scarface in its line, Scarface was out of a greyhound.

It was over 50 years ago, but the BWRA database is very accurate, I know as I had input into it ! LOL !

Its possible there was another dog with the same name, Picketty Witch was a quite popular pop group early 70’s.

I just enjoy reminiscing about whippets.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Aussie Whip said:

It's bad if they kill some old ladies pet cat, probably all the lady lives for. The feral cats need killing but my mate worked for pasture protection and would take a heap of dogs out to push rabbits into the warrens and then gas them. One feral cat tore up a few dogs one time. Apart from killing of a pet cat they can tear dogs eyes and infect them badly from bites so I'd rather the dogs stay away.

Good sport on light tackle 

• Sad 1

I may of told this yarn before I call it the tale o the kamikaze cat ,well it were a bit ago now so I can tell it without fear of repercussions from folk clad in homemade hemp garments and smelling of bullrush roots ,I had bin mooching about had 3 lurchers and a terrier on leads when I was accosted by 2 ittinerants they regaled me wi tales of there hunting prowess and I nodded abit just then a ginger cat appeared in the opposite driveway and as quick as I dragged the dogs away it kep on coming and leaped the last few yards and got stuck into the nearest dog ,well within seconds the cat had doubled in length and had started 2 tek on an particular odd shape ,as it happened my 2 white hunters knew Exactly what 2 do and started running about waving the arms round and making the same short of noise as that wattsap your mates always send u that  cuts into some bird having some sort of sexual seizure 

Right game it were

• Haha 4
15 hours ago, mC HULL said:

kc whippet here get ragged about by a cat lol

My uncle had a whippet dog thst use to kill foxes single handed was a big dog ! And sheep chasers dog Finn would mince a fox aswell in his day both out of sooty Sam’s line I believe 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Wales1234 said:

My uncle had a whippet dog thst use to kill foxes single handed was a big dog ! And sheep chasers dog Finn would mince a fox aswell in his day both out of sooty Sam’s line I believe 

good dollop a grey in em they normally ok for em 

seen loads whippets over the years all different lines all poor compared to a long dog or lurcher really 

1 minute ago, mC HULL said:

good dollop a grey in em they normally ok for em 

seen loads whippets over the years all different lines all poor compared to a long dog or lurcher really 

Of course I wouldn’t own one , I was just saying Iv seen them kill foxes ?‍♂️? we all know the coursing dog in king buddy don’t worry 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Wales1234 said:

Of course I wouldn’t own one , I was just saying Iv seen them kill foxes ?‍♂️? we all know the coursing dog in king buddy don’t worry 

glad you finally come to ya senses lol

• Haha 2