Racoons in UK

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a few pictures of otter on a trail cam of mine , nice animals can ruin a fishery rather quickly mind 

I think your FEO is wrong , as I understand it all birds and animals are protected under the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 unless they are a game species which have seasons or a pest species cover

Diane Abbott ? she has history of being bad with numbers ?

Posted Images

5 hours ago, mackem said:

I heard there's a few near Gatwick? 

I've heard that ;it's quite possible as  it's  fairly close to the places  they've been associated with . Also  restricted access to quite large areas due to the airport and various  security organisations certainly offers a bit of a haven to other " species of interest" .

Not only that but these days it seems every other park and farm  pets corner needs a wallaby or two and there are a few of these places in the area. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Bakerboy said:

Not if you kill enough of them thru the winter

You not from round here are you mate .Makes no odds how many I kill in winter all the usual cubbing spots have the tell tale dead shit outside .The only time to minimise this is to dig the pregnant vixens just after Xmas .By then is usually too late for another to set up territory where you’ve killed the last one .Been proven method on the local estate for decades and they are in prime fox country around me .

8 hours ago, Greyman said:

Had this since 2017 never made a video about it though as I,m not after fame and fortune unlike your man, one of the problems people have with him he just takes other people’s hard work to further his career and if there not willing to give him stuff that they have worked for he turns on them using his media platform,, it’s a two way street despite you wanting to promote him as some kind of truth guru 

D53D3E79-E7F9-47CC-AAFE-0A3596C4413C.jpeg

Where exactly did you take this? UK? 

1 hour ago, MH1 said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The dam-building rodent was discovered by a husband and wife who noticed...

Any idea how far beavers travel lol? Closest ones are 70 odd miles away apparently

Seen beaver in a pond a mile from any other waterway, and found trees galore chewed between the two. IMG_20220410_204112.jpg.eb477697baebfd85f731a0d0c4f2ad79.jpgIMG_20220410_193314.jpg.d3a5560ea17d8f156b153bf6215f2f79.jpgIMG_20220417_171020.jpg.dde00770305a1646c6d919d446a0d2f0.jpg

• Like 3

I can't speak for y'alls beaver.American beaver won't travel 70 miles.Maybe 10 or 15.I catch several beaver each winter a few hundred yards from water.When there is heavy flooding rain they will travel way up small ditches that normally don't hold water to reach new areas.If you give a beaver a cup of water he will build you an ocean lol.

20230410_190326.jpg.97ab0ce5de8591f5d56ea9d90b5ba6e6.jpg

• Like 5
11 hours ago, MH1 said:
WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

The dam-building rodent was discovered by a husband and wife who noticed...

Any idea how far beavers travel lol? Closest ones are 70 odd miles away apparently

Depending we’re in Wales you are , the Bristol Avon or the cotswold water park are probably your closest ones ?

2 hours ago, Greyman said:

Depending we’re in Wales you are , the Bristol Avon or the cotswold water park are probably your closest ones ?

This is supposedly in Pembrokeshire, must've had a lift down the M4 

1 hour ago, MH1 said:

This is supposedly in Pembrokeshire, must've had a lift down the M4 

The ones on the Cotswolds came from a private collection when a tree came down on there pen, no official recognition but they have been there for years 

6C10C39C-6F15-4E75-8C3D-2A9EA27C68FE.jpeg

23425291-1980-4201-9E9E-D7FE4746F57E.jpeg

• Like 1