It'll do the job!

I have one of his other designs in the same material. I didn't think id like it that much but its become my go to when I go out camping / kayaking. Cheap, cheerful indestructible, what more could you ask for ?

27 minutes ago, Fox dog said:

Are they difficult to use in general, aiming and accuracy?

Can be till you find a frame you can get on with, then it’s learning where your aiming point is. Always plenty of chances on walks for shots as well 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Fox dog said:

Any tips on self teaching how to use it

When i was around 8 years old, more than 50 years ago now, My grandad made me a catapult. he walked to the bottom of his garden and put an old penny in a slot on the fence post at the bottom, then said "Don't come back in until your sure you can hit hit when i come back out with you" Lol. 

10 minutes ago, Fox dog said:

make a catch box out of a 25L jack ,put some cardboard on the back catch your bearings...hang a few targets up and just practice..when your hitting stuff consistently from a distance... increase it?DSC_0624.JPG.3c99796f10fb2454c0f153ffd14a78c2.JPG

• Like 3
1 hour ago, paulus said:

When i was around 8 years old, more than 50 years ago now, My grandad made me a catapult. he walked to the bottom of his garden and put an old penny in a slot on the fence post at the bottom, then said "Don't come back in until your sure you can hit hit when i come back out with you" Lol. 

Are you still in the garden ? ?

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

make a catch box out of a 25L jack ,put some cardboard on the back catch your bearings...hang a few targets up and just practice..when your hitting stuff consistently from a distance... increase it?DSC_0624.JPG.3c99796f10fb2454c0f153ffd14a78c2.JPG

Cheers dan,good idea,not to self move from the back door or smash window lol

• Like 1
On 08/04/2023 at 19:25, Fox dog said:

Don't just shoot ground targets and defo not waste hight targets. You don't see much quarry sat on a fence post lol. Get some targets up in the tree canopies that's where most feather quarry an greys will be. Moving targets too because alot of quarry doesn't just wait for you to take your shot atb though mate 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

Don't just shoot ground targets and defo not waste hight targets. You don't see much quarry sat on a fence post lol. Get some targets up in the tree canopies that's where most feather quarry an greys will be. Moving targets too because alot of quarry doesn't just wait for you to take your shot atb though mate 

That was his next training once hitting ground targets pal haha

• Like 2
On 10/04/2023 at 20:31, Fox dog said:

I think I'll make a purchase lol 

Have an hour or two of this lad mate, he does revues on all the main makes and explains aiming techniques etc, well worth a watch before diving in ??

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 1