Buck your ideas up

Well my son and myself caught up with them tonight. There was sixteen does and four bucks. One spiker was in poor condition and was limping due to a badly damaged front foot. I think it might have been in a collision with a car. One of the other bucks had lost an antler probably due to the same thing. Anyway my son managed two and I accounted for the third. All three were neck shot so no meat damage. 

6456905C-E7B7-45B4-8AE4-1810CA285C5B.jpeg

C82EB14B-B996-4AD6-B53F-272297B1C837.jpeg

• Like 5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I’d do a little write up on here as I haven’t bothered much lately as not many come on now anyway over the past week or so I’ve been out a bit after a roe to fill the freezer, as we

I was out 1st light this morning, shot 2 saw 7 bucks. Seems to be a good year for bucks.    

Shot on the 1st, butchered and vac packed on the 2nd, divy’d out on the 3rd 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Great result ? was the buck with the 1 antler not just casting .

It could of been but it looked like it had been knocked off to me. The spiker was really poor and has ended up being fox bait.

11 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Did they escape from a deer farm?

They where released nearby by a bloke that had a collection of different deer. He just opened the pen door and away they went about fifteen years ago. They are all over this area now having bred well over the years.

The deer farm near my daughters place has all blonde fallow .Must be the sought after colouration for farming .They have red ,sika and axis as well so maybe it’s to locate the masses at a glance in undulating land .The two red stags there are fecking enormous .

• 2 weeks later...

I have never shot a deer so forgive my ignorance but what do you mean when you say it was ' clean ' as I can't work that one out. 

We have a lot of deer in the part of Lincolnshire where I live, in fact I have seen quite a few wander into the village and many a night when I have been out on the rabbits, the deer showing up on the nv were only 40 - 50 yds away.  The ones we have thought of shooting are the muntjac which are getting more common but not sure if an hmr would be suitable as I only have .22lr, sako quad with hmr and wmr barrels.  I was told the muntjac are a bit of a bugger to skin, is that true.

Phil

1 hour ago, philpot said:

I have never shot a deer so forgive my ignorance but what do you mean when you say it was ' clean ' as I can't work that one out. 

We have a lot of deer in the part of Lincolnshire where I live, in fact I have seen quite a few wander into the village and many a night when I have been out on the rabbits, the deer showing up on the nv were only 40 - 50 yds away.  The ones we have thought of shooting are the muntjac which are getting more common but not sure if an hmr would be suitable as I only have .22lr, sako quad with hmr and wmr barrels.  I was told the muntjac are a bit of a bugger to skin, is that true.

Phil

No velvet on the antlers as they rubbed them clean 

• Thanks 2