after reading that around 75% of shooters use ott thought I would give it a go. despite my best efforts it's just not for me, I couldn't get on with it at all. shot ttf right from the start and will stick with it, what's others views do more on here use ott? 

• Like 1

I have not tried ttf my self. Still learning. One day I think I have it sussed then I seem to forget what worked back square one. The other day I hit tin lid side on well chuffed now I literally can’t hit barn at moment.  I have the scout and it has a dimp. Might have a play with ttf. I thought all the good shots used it 

I always shoot ott think it's a force of habit though from the Milbro day's of my childhood. I have tried ttf on  my scout and couldn't get used to it i have often wondered where the through the forks style came from as it seems a new style of shooting catapults to me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

I have a set of ott 23/18 taper, 3 brand new bands. Will send free if anyone wants them. new jinpu bands. 

Nice offer that mate i have a few ttf bands if anyone wants them as i doubt i will give that style of shooting a catty a go again.

I can shoot both fairly well and I think OTT looks a bit cooler as there's more frame options but despite my best efforts im a TTF man at heart lol ?

Especially for hunting. A pinch grip TTF frame with an aiming dimp is best for me I'm just more accurate, confident and faster to set up and take a shot with it.

• Like 3

I shoot both just as good but im a ott man .but one thing I will say to anyone wanting to try ott or ttf make sure you are using your suited frame width in both styles they more than likely won't be the same like for instance my suited ott width is 90mm but my suited ttf width is 100mm wide and unless you are using your correct suited width in both your just pishing against the wind ? ???????????

• Like 3

I tried ttf at the weekend with my scount and was way off the mark. Its taken me long enough to figure things out with ott and I am useless with that so sod it wasnt about to start again and will stick with ott

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 03/04/2023 at 07:33, terryd said:

I tried ttf at the weekend with my scount and was way off the mark. Its taken me long enough to figure things out with ott and I am useless with that so sod it wasnt about to start again and will stick with ott

I,m quite lucky being an old fecker and growing up using everything from elastic bands to bicycle inertubes i,m pretty tidy with everything from TTF to tubes, but if any one is struggling to get on With  ttf shooting just draw a line down the middle of your bands and use it as a sight, it’s a real good method to get people started as well ??

5291B16A-D8CC-4FD5-94B5-5C4549D1D45E.jpeg

3AA4C622-7D65-417A-8E89-0BD71DE1C416.jpeg

D750E554-0A39-4823-A0FA-4790E70D33BA.jpeg

• Like 5