River Severn

Just been watching the news and it's disgusting that the government an lords think it's right to put our water rates up due to water works polluting the rivers. Over 35,000 hours in a year of illegal dumping of sewerage. 

There was a gentleman talking from the fisheries saying that they don't have competitive fishing any more on one part of the Severn. Where at one point there was big competitions. 

Why should us the public pay for there mistakes like we done in many situations in this country that the government fcuk up. 

It's sad that us anglers are having to take action our own time to test the water. One angler tested the Severn. It's showing pollution of washing detergents mostly. But we need to stand up against water rates going up. Us as anglers pay for the rivers through our rod licence an angling books. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 22/03/2023 at 07:53, Bangersanmash said:

Just been watching the news and it's disgusting that the government an lords think it's right to put our water rates up due to water works polluting the rivers. Over 35,000 hours in a year of illegal dumping of sewerage. 

There was a gentleman talking from the fisheries saying that they don't have competitive fishing any more on one part of the Severn. Where at one point there was big competitions. 

Why should us the public pay for there mistakes like we done in many situations in this country that the government fcuk up. 

It's sad that us anglers are having to take action our own time to test the water. One angler tested the Severn. It's showing pollution of washing detergents mostly. But we need to stand up against water rates going up. Us as anglers pay for the rivers through our rod licence an angling books. 

it's not just the Seven and it's catchment, almost every River in the UK has been affected...taken samples myself from a few in the Wye catchment area my club are involved with...had readings 15/25 times more than the supposed legal amount... water companies don't give 2 fucks..they are only taking notice now because a few celebrities have got involved ..it's a joke,we have a section of river that runs through MOD land,only accessable to club members...20 lads would fish it weekly in the season having matches etc...the few diehards still left are reporting catching nothing everytime they have tried?used to catch dace,roach,trout,tench,bream,chub, Barbel,carp even the odd flattie....some parts are 15/18 ft deep but the whole stretch seems devoid of fish...no point trying to restock spending money until we can find out what's really going on...only fishing I'm doing these days is from the beach...lost all interest in driving 80 miles to blank?

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

it's not just the Seven and it's catchment, almost every River in the UK has been affected...taken samples myself from a few in the Wye catchment area my club are involved with...had readings 15/25 times more than the supposed legal amount... water companies don't give 2 fucks..they are only taking notice now because a few celebrities have got involved ..it's a joke,we have a section of river that runs through MOD land,only accessable to club members...20 lads would fish it weekly in the season having matches etc...the few diehards still left are reporting catching nothing everytime they have tried?used to catch dace,roach,trout,tench,bream,chub, Barbel,carp even the odd flattie....some parts are 15/18 ft deep but the whole stretch seems devoid of fish...no point trying to restock spending money until we can find out what's really going on...only fishing I'm doing these days is from the beach...lost all interest in driving 80 miles to blank?

That's the most hit river though mate the Severn,  wharfe here in Yorkshire too Yorkshire water are the biggest culprits arse holes. Was talking about it on the program with Paul whitehouse few weeks ago. So they've name an shamed them which we already knew this. 

2 hours ago, Bangersanmash said:

That's the most hit river though mate the Severn,  wharfe here in Yorkshire too Yorkshire water are the biggest culprits arse holes. Was talking about it on the program with Paul whitehouse few weeks ago. So they've name an shamed them which we already knew this. 

3/4 seasons ago myself and 2 mates were catching 150/200 double figure Barbel a season,I've watched the fishing drop off  trust me,the Wye is in a bad way,you can see the shit particles in the water and every rock and plant is coated in it ?..6 yrs ago Boris Johnson was stood and drank a pint of water straight from the Wye...let's see the cnut do it now?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

3/4 seasons ago myself and 2 mates were catching 150/200 double figure Barbel a season,I've watched the fishing drop off  trust me,the Wye is in a bad way,you can see the shit particles in the water and every rock and plant is coated in it ?..6 yrs ago Boris Johnson was stood and drank a pint of water straight from the Wye...let's see the cnut do it now?

Its a bad carry on mate sad to see but it's all about saving money to them b*****ds.